Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by June Campbell, Oct 1 2007 1:18PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Massage World Record Attempt

Ever wanted to hold a World Record? Here's your chance. We've been sponsored by a large client to put together a team to go for the Guinness World Record for Simultaneous Massage so we need 150 qualified & insured massage therapists to gather in Central London on Sunday 21st October between 10-12 in the morning.

It's head massage so no chairs/tables. We'll pay £40 for the morning & you get a Certificate to prove you took part in a Guinness World Record attempt.

This is a great chance to get together for new recruits & therapists who've worked with the Mobile Feel Good Company over the last 9 years - we'll find a bar to take over afterwards so it's worth a visit to London if you're from out of town.

We're looking for good, insured therapists who might want to join the team for the day. Swedish & Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapists, Shiatsu, Sports Massage & of course on site therapists will be considered.

If you are up for a record breaking Sunday morning email me at June@feelgoodco.com for the full brief.

Look forward to hearing from you.
June Campbell
The Mobile Feel Good Company
www.feelgoodco.com
0208 830 0178
Gillian Kenyon
Oct 1 2007 7:48PM
Pity the attempt is being made exclusively in London - us practitioners living and working north of Watford really do get left out of things and it is simply too costly for us to get down there for the day.

As it is simultaneous massage, could we not get the CThA local groups to each register with Guiness Book of Records and host 'simultaneous massage' all over the country at the same time - maybe even raising funds for Complementary Therapies research ?. I would be interested to know what the local group organisers think about that.

Anyway, good luck with the attempt - I am sure it will help to introduce you to loads more practitioners and working together is always worthwhile - especially when it raises the profile of massage therapies
Claire Louise Ashton
Oct 12 2007 2:23PM
Sounds like a great idea for a day out! Wish I could join you, but won't be possible unfortunately. Look forward to hearing how it went. Good luck!
June Campbell
Oct 14 2007 1:14PM
Thanks for your feedback. We'd love to do something nationally. Maybe if this goes well we can do something next year - perhaps for a charity?
PS We've got well over 100 therapists signed in but are still recruiting so do get in touch if you're free on the 21st.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events