Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by John Maclean, Nov 20 2007 9:41PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Hypnotherapy Practitioners

I would like to make contact with any members who are Hypnotherapy Practitioners as I have not seen any entries on this site. Hypnotherapy is listed as an approved complimentary therapy on the site but there is little written about this therapy. i think this body could work very well for practitioners of this therapy.
Gillian Kenyon
Nov 24 2007 5:42PM
Hi John

One of The H Club's member practitioners, Ed Arran is an advanced hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner.

He gave an absolutely fantastic presentation Thursday night at our monthly CPD meeting.

If you want to make contact let me have your details: TheHClub@HOtmail.com
Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 3:10PM
Please be aware, Hypnotherapy is the latest treatment to fall to the Voluntary regulation trap.

The Foundation for Integrated Health has just announced that both Hypnotherapy and Healing are to strat Regulation processes in the coming 12 months.

Ed has further insider knowledge on this if anyone involved in Hypnothaerapy wants to know more.

Contact me via our Practitioner web-site www.TheHClub.org.uk
John Maclean
Jun 24 2008 9:58PM
Regulation is well overdue and although the FIH has no plans for statutory regulation for Hypnotherapy it is helping with self-regulation initiatives over the next year. The problem with most "representative" bodies is that they are not in themselves regulated. Anyone contemplating training as a Hypnotherapist or indeed in other therapies should ensure the course is accredited by a body such as ASET or another National Awarding Body recognised by the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS),Learning and Skills Council (LSC)and all other relevant government agencies and departments. ASET Qualifications are approved by QCA (England), DELLS (Wales), SQA (Scotland) and CEA (Northern Ireland) and by the Secretary State for Innovation, Universities and Skills and are part of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). When, eventually regulation becomes statutory these qualifications will be extremely useful when seeking registration.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion