Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jo Hammond, Jan 25 2008 11:14PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Promotions for 2008

Is there any news yet on any promotions agreed for this year? I would like to do something myself soon to mark an anniversary of being in business, but I don't want it to clash with any proposed promotions that Embody organise for us.

For the two years that I have taken part in the Daily Telegraph 2 for 1 promotion it has been really successful. I still see many clients from both years that first got to hear about me through the offer.

Any other ideas being worked on at all?

Jo x
Cheryl Johnson
Jan 27 2008 5:51PM
Hi,

What is the daily telegraph 2 for 2 offer? How do you join it?

Just wondering for future reference (when I finish my training).

Cheryl
Alison Livings
Jan 28 2008 9:08AM
Dear Jo

I can advise that our Marketing Dept are working on a range of promotions for this year. In the next few days you should be rceiving a letter inviting you to participate.
Kind regards
Alison Livings
Jan 28 2008 9:13AM
Dear Cheryl

We have in the past offered members the opportunity of being involved in national promotions whereby readers of various publications, the Daily Telegraph being one of them, collect tokens which give them 2 treatments for the price of 1. The aim of this is to help build your client base. When you are quailified you will be invited to participate.

Kind regards
Gillian Kenyon
Feb 1 2008 10:51AM
I have just been very disappointed to find that EMBODY have just offered the ASDA deal to all its members but has not declared what payment has been made by ASDA to EMBODY.

Up until last night, I have been involved with a promotions house who were negotiating this deal and yesterday morning received verbal confirmation that the promotions house would be getting a PAID contract to deliver the exact same offer. Please note: The H Club would have been offering its members the opportunity to participate for free and without payment from the promotions house or to the promotions house.

Has ASDA made EMBODY the payment that it would have made to the above mentioned promotions house, who now inform me the contract was suddenly withdrawn yesterday ?. Alternately, has EMBODY received this approach from another marketing promotions house - if that is the case, why should the membership pay EMBODY to register to participate ?.

Please can I also enquire if EMBODY intends to continue generating work for us in this way and if it is thus going to become a marketing promotions house itself. Will you be receiving payment from the companies involved and getting we therepists to do the work for free - or should I say by paying £20 each to you to be listed on the EMBODY FOR YOU site - am I missing something or do we not already pay for that in our membership fee ?.

I have been involved with numerous marketing promotions houses for several years now and know that the sums they get paid are quite considerable, whilst The H Club has never had to make a payment to be listed with them.

The H Club runs a call centre and matching service for its member practitioners on these types of schemes - again a FREE service to our club practitioners. Is EMBODY also going to do this for the promotions it runs ?. If not, how are the voucher holders going to be screened and safety and security of the practitioners address details etc maintained ?.

Can you answer why we are being asked to pay EMBODY for registration and participation in these schemes when we are already paying you our membership fees?.

Can you also answer why we are being asked to pay further charges at £20 per year for registration on a promotion where EMBODY is not doing anything for us and is probably getting the payment that would otherwise have been made to a promotions house who worked to recruit and service the scheme ?.
Gillian Kenyon
May 18 2008 11:23AM
I have just received this from EMBODY - they are asking therapists to collect the vouchers and send them back. Why when we are not being paid anything for the vouchers- is it because all the other campaigns seem to have been so disasterous and EMBODY wishes to counter those claims ?.

I am however aghast that as this promotion is being run by Mosaic - and will be being paid for by Muller - why is it being taken as the second promotion for which EMBODY members have paid - It is not costing EMBODY anything - indeed, I would even ask, is this like the aborted ASDA promotion through Mosaic - are EMBODY being paid by Mosaic as well as being paid £20 by us members ?.

Second Embody Promotion begins tomorrow
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:18 May 2008 06:22:26
To: thehclub@hotmail.com

Dear Gillian The Müllerlight on pack promotion begins tomorrow, 2.5 million promotional packs will begin to hit the shelves tomorrow.

For terms and conditions see: www.embodyforyou.com/Promotions/MullerlightTermsAndConditions

To help us monitor the response to this promotion, please can you collect all vouchers you receive and send them in to us at the end of the promotion to the address below.

Good luck
Martyn Nixon
Marketing Manager
Embody Embody Promotions
PO Box 6955
Towcester
NN12 6WZ
Tel: 0870 005 2646 Fax: 0844 779 8898
Email : info@embodyforyou.com
Web : www.EmbodyForYou.com

A division of Education & Media Services Limited.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion