Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Liz Phillips, Feb 9 2008 4:58PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

ASDA why do we always have to do things for free ?

I am amazed that embody are promoting free treatment via asda.

Why should we make ourselves available for these free treatments.

We should be paid for our skills we have worked dam hard for it.

How much profit do Asda earn in a year?

So i advise anyone not to take up the offer.

Liz Phillips Bristol and Bath
Linden Gregory
Feb 10 2008 10:06AM
Hi Liz
You might want to have a look at the "This years promotion" thread which lists a number of concerns. That thread has had more replies than most others yet Embody are still not answering the important questions and issues raised.
Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 2:37PM
The H Club has withdrawn all its support for any FREE voucher promotions. Over the past 7/8 years we have tried them out from time to time.

At one time, it was the only form of offer. For 5 years now, we have been producing redemption statistics reports showing claims, cancellations, no-shows, conversions, upgraders, repeat clients etc.

We have sent these to quite a number of promotions companies asking them to change the way they 'sell' the promotions campaigns to the likes of the Banks, Esso, Muller, Asda, Sainsbury, Daily mail etc etc.

We have argued the case for 2for1 promotions which are far better for us based on historic reports and analysis of the same figures.

At last, 2for1 appear to be being adopted. Have we been instrumental in this - I don't know. But what a relief that even the staunchest pof FREE promotions marketing companies is at last getting into 2for1's.

The next step will be to convert them to 5 for 4's.

Come on folks - the marketing prmotions houses need us. Lets get behind the 'NOT FOR FREE' campaign. Now that we have built relationships with so many promotions houses and have influenced them to see the effectiveness of 2for1 promotions, The H Club has adopted a stated policy not to enter into any future FREE promotion. We now have a choice and 2for1 is better than FREE.

After all, when did you Dentist last give you dental work for FREE ?.
Gillian Kenyon
May 18 2008 11:22AM
I have just received this from EMBODY - they are asking therapists to collect the vouchers and send them back. Why when we are not being paid anything for the vouchers- is it because all the other campaigns seem to have been so disasterous and EMBODY wishes to counter those claims ?.

I am however aghast that as this promotion is being run by Mosaic - and will be being paid for by Muller - why is it being taken as the second promotion for which EMBODY members have paid - It is not costing EMBODY anything - indeed, I would even ask, is this like the aborted ASDA promotion through Mosaic - are EMBODY being paid by Mosaic as well as being paid £20 by us members ?.

Second Embody Promotion begins tomorrow
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:18 May 2008 06:22:26
To: thehclub@hotmail.com

Dear Gillian The Müllerlight on pack promotion begins tomorrow, 2.5 million promotional packs will begin to hit the shelves tomorrow.

For terms and conditions see: www.embodyforyou.com/Promotions/MullerlightTermsAndConditions

To help us monitor the response to this promotion, please can you collect all vouchers you receive and send them in to us at the end of the promotion to the address below.

Good luck
Martyn Nixon
Marketing Manager
Embody Embody Promotions
PO Box 6955
Towcester
NN12 6WZ
Tel: 0870 005 2646 Fax: 0844 779 8898
Email : info@embodyforyou.com
Web : www.EmbodyForYou.com

A division of Education & Media Services Limited.

Cindy Wingate
May 18 2008 5:27PM
Hello friends, I must say I hardly ever visit this site, (and personally, do not know of any clients who have either!) Getting a notification about a new post, I signed in to read.
Well, Gillian, you raise some fascinating points, I am not fully understanding, but it is absolutely clear these questions certainly NEED to be answered.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion