Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Michelle Ramlogan, Mar 27 2008 5:08PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Holiday Vouchers

I just wanted to know if any other therapists have received their vouchers, and if so, have you been offering them to your clients? Has there been much response?

Roushan Martens
Mar 27 2008 7:59PM
I've got my vouchers, but I haven't really done anything with them yet. As far as I can see, they're £100 off a full-price holiday, which will probably be quite expensive. I don't know about any of my clients, but I usually book holidays on the internet by the cheapest means possible, and the voucher would be no use to me at all... I don't really anticipate that they'll be of much use to most of my clients, although I hope that doesn't sound ungrateful! I plan to leave them at the centre where I work, and anyone who wants one can have one. You can't use them in multiples, so it's not really possible for anyone to abuse the giveaway even if they're just left on the counter to take.
Lynn Chorley
Apr 1 2008 11:15AM
I have also received the travel vouchers and like Michelle, I do not think that many of my clients will take up the offer. The holidays have to be booked by the end of October 2008 and taken by the end of this year but anyone who has to take time off work or fit in with school holidays has probably made their arrangements for this year or is going to rely on last minute cheap deals which these vouchers are not valid for. I too do not mean to sound ungrateful but in my experience, these sorts of vouchers (regardless of the travel company involved) are only ever redeemable against fairly high priced package tours at the premium end of the market.
Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 2:10PM
The vouchers were supplied by Mosaic - the people who are running the Muller promotion. They are paid to produce these vouchers by Apollo Travel Direct as part of a marketing campaign for Apollo's Travel Agency. They cost Mosaic nothing - we are just doing their job for them by circulating them.

It is nice to be given something to thank us for participating in promotions by the promotions houses. If you want to book a full price holiday through Apollo - you can use the voucher yourself.

It is also nice to be able to give something to your clients - but not if the vouchers are only for full price holidays, which most people avoid anyway.

The H Club is working in unpaid partnership with a number of promotions houses who offer our practitioner members business promotion opportunities via 2 for 1 schemes.

One of these promotions houses has given The H Club a number of vouchers to give to member practitioners that participate in the scheme. These vouchers are

a) Collectable , ie you can access more than one of them and use them together to pay for the holiday

b) For use on a huge range of holidays which are also inclusive of 'special offer prices'.

Perhaps EMBODY needs to review the partnership arrangement with Mosaic toi see what else can be achieved for the practitioners. Take a look at the Promotions Voucher Terms and Conditions on our member practitioners web-site www.TheHClub.org.uk to find out more.

EMBODY is trying to help us out here - but this type of voucher promotion is not a new one, The H Club has been doing it for some time now. All of our renewing member practitioners received a voucher and new members joining us also get one - automatically.

I believe that the mosaic, Apollo vouchers were issued to EMBODY members who had signed up to the aborted Asda promotion that Mosaic claimed they had won but in fact had not !.

Gillian Kenyon
May 18 2008 11:21AM
I have just received this from EMBODY - they are asking therapists to collect the vouchers and send them back. Why when we are not being paid anything for the vouchers- is it because all the other campaigns seem to have been so disasterous and EMBODY wishes to counter those claims ?.

I am however aghast that as this promotion is being run by Mosaic - and will be being paid for by Muller - why is it being taken as the second promotion for which EMBODY members have paid - It is not costing EMBODY anything - indeed, I would even ask, is this like the aborted ASDA promotion through Mosaic - are EMBODY being paid by Mosaic as well as being paid £20 by us members ?.

Second Embody Promotion begins tomorrow
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:18 May 2008 06:22:26
To: thehclub@hotmail.com

Dear Gillian The Müllerlight on pack promotion begins tomorrow, 2.5 million promotional packs will begin to hit the shelves tomorrow.

For terms and conditions see: www.embodyforyou.com/Promotions/MullerlightTermsAndConditions

To help us monitor the response to this promotion, please can you collect all vouchers you receive and send them in to us at the end of the promotion to the address below.

Good luck
Martyn Nixon
Marketing Manager
Embody Embody Promotions
PO Box 6955
Towcester
NN12 6WZ
Tel: 0870 005 2646 Fax: 0844 779 8898
Email : info@embodyforyou.com
Web : www.EmbodyForYou.com

A division of Education & Media Services Limited.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion