Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Gillian Kenyon, May 19 2008 12:09PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Client redemptions from 2008 Public Promotional Programme

I read with interest that we are being told that EMBODY considers last year's programme to have been a 'huge success'.

Members were asked to pay for promotions in journals such as The Daily Telegraph and The News of the World - As we can see from the many threads in the Discussion Forum, these do not appear to be the views of authors of many of the threads.

Embody encouraged 1000 (or was it 1500?) members to pay for these promotions and is claiming that for last year’s promotions 'over *12,000 vouchers claimed (more than 24,000 potential new customers) and that is only from the Telegraph promotion'

That means, using EMBODY's publoished figures, that with 1000 practitioners participating, EMBODY is claiming that EVERY one of them received an average of 12 voucher redemptions and 24 new clients from the Telegraph alone.

Where did it get this information ?. Did you all post back all of the voucher receipts ?. As EMBODY didn't reward anyone for doing so, I doubt that very much. Based on tried and tested average marketing response rates, if the voucher returns rate from therapists to EMBODY was 10% I would be extremely surprised.

Given all the members who were registered who did not get ANY voucher holders, let alone 24 new clients, it means that others must have had simply dozens and dozens of new clients each.

I certainly know of many therapists who did not get anything and several who had only one voucher reclaim - 2 people came for what was, in effect, half price treatments. How many had returners from these ?.

Please post your figures here if you were/were not successful, It would be great to hear that what is being claimed can actually be substantiated. Further, please indicate how many of these are now current returning clients.

After all, as members we are being asked to pay £18 to cover the remaining 4 (minimum) promotions that will be run for 2008, starting with the Müllerlight promotion commencing 19th May.

As we all know, Mosaic promotions is being paid by Mullerlight to run this promotion - so why are we therapists being asked by EMBODY to pay for signing up to it and have the costs taken out of the £18 we have already paid when EMBODY isn't having to cover the costs of anything for this promotion.

We need to be able to analyse this to help EMBODY be able to spend our money wisely and help us generate truly profitable business.

Mariette Lobo
May 19 2008 12:17PM
Gilllian - I did and do not intend participating in any of these "promotions". I am very much against this kind of PR/marketing for reasons you and other members have articulated before. I do wish Embody would halt this particular bandwagon and am not happy about my money being spent in this way.
Beverley Castle
May 19 2008 1:05PM
Hi Gillian,

I received 9 responses to last years Daily Telegraph promotion.
8 of these clearly were just after a freebie. One remains a regular client today.
I had a zero response to The News Of The World promo.
I did not participate this year because the promotions offered did not sound very
inspiring and when I phoned the Embody office to ask for more info the attitude of the member of staff was at best unhelpful at worst rather rude. I wasnt impressed.
I will be very interested to see your figures.
Keep up the good work.
Beverley.
Roushan Martens
May 20 2008 6:43PM
Hi Gillian,
For your records, I only went in for the Sainsbury's promotion last year - nothing from that. I went for all of the promotions this year, and so far nothing from the Mirror (was it the mirror?) or Mullerlight (although it may be a bit soon to call on that one).
Patricia Taylor
May 21 2008 10:50AM
Nothing whatever so far.
Alison Baillie
May 21 2008 5:06PM
Hi participated in the telegraph and the Sainbury's promotion last year and recieved no enquiries never mind actual clients wanting freebies or otherwise. I have chosen not to pore good money after bad this year.
Gillian Kenyon
May 24 2008 6:52PM
Due to the large number of promotions with which we have been actively engaged, our therapists have a backlog of clients waiting for an appointment.

We are looking for part-time and full-time therapists who hold their own insurance.

If you are a self-employed therapist wishing to expand your client base or a student about to start up in the next month or so take a look at the following counties and numbers of clients awaiting matching.

These clients won't wait forever. The time window is short - maybe only a week or so as we would need to process your application and ensure you meet our selection criteria.

Contact us asap for more information on TheHClub@Hotmail.com stating your contact details, the address details and postcodes of premises where you work from (or, if mobile how far you wish to travel).

Look at www.TheHClub.org.uk to see how you can gain access to these registered clients.

Avon - 9
Bedfordshire - 2
Buckinghamshire - 15
Cambridgeshire - 8
Cheshire - 44
Clwyd - 8
Cork - 1
Derbyshire - 6
Dublin -1
East Lothina - 1
Essex - 34
Fife - 1
Gwynedd - 1
Hampshire - 6
Hertfordshire - 4
Kent - 53
Lancashire - 33
Lincolnshire - 1
London - 15
Merseyside - 6
Middlesex - 4
Midlothian - 7
Northamptonshire - 4
Bangor, N.Ireland - 1
Oxfordshire - 6
Sheffield - 5
Staffordshire - 2
Suffolk - 1
Surrey - 3
Sussex - 1
Warwickshire - 5
West Midlands - 3
West Sussex - 2
West Yorkshire - 23
Wiltshire - 4

UK-wide clients whose address matching details have not yet been collated but who have registered their contact detaials - 117

Total 445 clients are out there - would you like to access any of them - let us know.
Angela Rawlins
May 27 2008 9:31AM
Hi

I participated in the promotions last year and got silch! I have NOT bothered to pay this year!

Pity you have nothing for Berkshire Gillian

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion