Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Caroline Sinclair, Jul 17 2008 9:50PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

maternity reflexology

Hi. I am a qualified reflexologist and would like advice on treating my daughter who is 5 months pregnant. When is it safe to start treating and on what areas should I concentrate and what kind of pressure? Also I have a friend who is 39 weeks pregnant, how can I help her to get things going? Many Thanks. Caroline Sinclair.
Ivanna Davies
Aug 3 2008 10:38PM

HI CAROLINE.
1ST I MUST APOLOGISE FOR NOT GETTING BACK TO YOU SOONER. THE INTERNET HAS BEEN PLAYING UP FOR THE LAST MONTH, VERY ANNOYING HAD TO LISTEN TO BT GOING ON FOR FOUR HOURS THEN IT WASNT FIXED, BUT ATLAST ITS WORKING!
YOUR FRIEND PROBABLY HAD THE BABY BY NOW, I DID TREATMENTS ON MY SISTERINLAW THE LAST MONTH OF HER PREGNANCY TWICE A WEEK AND WE FOUND IT TO BE VERY BENEFICIAL, IT HELPED TO KEEP HER RELAXED UP TOWARDS THE END, YOU CAN WORK ALL ZONES OF THE FEET IN THE 9TH MONTH OF THE PREGNANCY BUT LIGHT MOVES IN ORDER NOT TO CAUSE DISTERBANCE TO THE BABY.
WHEN I DO PREGNANCIES AT AROUND 5MONTHS I DO LIGHT DCM AND KEEP AWAY FROM THE ANKLES, UNTIL THE LATER STAGES OF ABOUT 8MONTHS. HOPE YOUR DAUTHTER IS ENJOYING THE TREATMENTS AS IT WILL DO HER GOOD TO KEEP HER HORMONES BALANCED.
GOOD LUCK
IVANNA DAVIES

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Discussion about treatments