Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Lynda Money, Sep 19 2008 9:53AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Chip & Pin merchant services

I am currently looking into getting a terminal to take debit/credit cards, as cheques are to be phased out, and so many people request to pay for treatments with cards.
Having done some research, there appears to a wide range of providers all offering different deals, and the banks rates appear to be the worse for small businesses, such as a therapists working alone, there are many other companies offering merchant services I have a meeting set up with cardsafe, next week, but wondered if any one else had found a good deal they could share?
Chris Plumtree (Web Administrator)
Sep 19 2008 3:11PM
Good Afternoon,

You could try the details below,

Helen Robinson
Sales Executive

SilverPay Services Limited
245 Botley Road
Chesham, Bucks, HP5 1XY
United Kingdom
Tel (general): +44 (0)844 322 0102
Tel (direct): +44 (0)1494 797 145
Fax: +44 (0)1494 773 531
Deborah Marsh
Sep 30 2008 11:32AM
The Federation of Small Businesses do competitive rates with Streamline, it still works out cheaper becoming a member with them and taking a card machine through them as well as getting the other benefits associated with them rather than going direct to other card companies, I had mine installed last week and really pleased with the service given. Hope this helps
Lynda Money
Sep 30 2008 2:50PM
Many thanks for your reply, yes you are quite right this is a good option, and one I did look into, and I also looked at Silver Pay. But felt their processing fees at 5% were too high.
In the end I decided to go with Cardsafe, and signed up with them today.
Sharon Lorimer
Oct 3 2008 3:28PM
Hi,

I've been following the line of discussion and wondered if anyone can tell me if we can claim the the monthly rental as business expense on our tax returns?

Thanks in advance
Sharon
Deborah Marsh
Oct 3 2008 6:15PM
Hi Sharon

I have been advised that yes you can put it against business expenses for tax purposes.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion