Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Angela Rawlins, Apr 27 2009 5:35PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CPD

Can any one tell me if it is no longer a requirement to do CPD to be listed as a therapist on the web site. If not, how does one determine the experience of the therapist.
Paula Lancaster
Apr 28 2009 3:33PM
Hi Angela
As far as I was aware, CPD is still a requirement to remain on the register.

Regards
Paula Lancaster

Angela Rawlins
Apr 28 2009 5:14PM
Paula

I thought therapists were only listed on the web site if they had completed the required number of CPD points.
Paula Lancaster
Apr 28 2009 5:20PM
Angela
Yes you are correct in thinking that you need to do the requisite CPD to remain on the web site, as it only lists registered therapists. You can only be on the register if you have the required points each year.

Paula
Angela Rawlins
Apr 29 2009 3:57PM
Paula,

Members who take part in CPD are not 'registered' only listed with CThA. You can only be 'Registered' with CNCH or GRCCT, regulatory bodies.

Many members seem to think that CPD can only be obtained by taking courses, this is not true. There are many ways of obtaining the required points. CPD says, to a client that the therapist is keeping up to date with their knowledge.

I was wanting confirmation that only members who take part in CPD are 'listed' on the web site, as that was the requirement when I became a member of the GCP in 1997.
Paula Lancaster
Apr 30 2009 8:49AM
Angela
If we are only listed on the web site and not registered,why do I recieve a certificate when I renew my membership each year stating that I am a registered therapist with CTha?
Angela Rawlins
Apr 30 2009 9:04AM
Paula

It is the word 'Registered' that is causing confusion with some therapists. The only 'Registers' that will be recognised, are the CNCH and the GRCCT. It could also make the public think that therapists are,which they are not unless they have registered with those bodies.

With 'Registration' coming in, that is registration in conjunction with the DOH,it is important that the right descriptions are used.

I have been asked by some of my group members about CPD requirements and listing on the web site. In the past, it was a requirement to gain 10 points per year to have a listing on the web site. Some members feel that it may been relaxed and quite rightly think it is not the right way to go considering 'Regulation'. It would not show our commitment to 'Registration'.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion