Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Abhishek Kunwar, Sep 6 2005 9:56PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

interview protocol

Hi,

I'm a newly qualified massage therapist and I've got an interview with a health club.
They say they also want to give me a trade test? I'm assuming (and hoping) that this is a demo of my massage style. Would the protocol for this be for me to wear my usual massage uniform and take oils etc? I usually just wear casual clothes to interviews, so I'm wondering if for the 'trade test' I should take my uniform and change in to it. HELP! What have others done for interviews?

Abhi
Rosemary Johnson
Sep 6 2005 11:48PM
Hallo Abhi, and good luck with the interview.
I don't see why you shouldn't contact them, and ask them what is involved in this trade test, and whether they want you to provide you own equipment - oil, towels, couch roll, health questionnaires - or whether they'll want you to use the club's own equipment, forms, and the like.
A club uniform or overalls come also come into this.
If they do want you to use their equipment, you may want to ask about a chance to get familiar with it before the test so you can do yourself justice.
Phoning to check on this gives you a chance to sound efficient, professional, interested in the job and keen to show them what you can do.
Good luck.
Rosemary
Anne Jenkinson
Sep 7 2005 8:46AM
Hi Abhi,
I agree with Rosemary - this could be part of the test!! Showing initiative and asking for more clarification .... good luck!
Anne Jenkinson

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion