Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jim Guest, Jun 12 2009 4:52PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Volunteer Complementary Therapists Needed

MND Scotland are about to undertake a home based complementary therapy pilot for people affected by Motor Neurone Disease, including patients and their carers. We need qualified therapists with their own insurance in either aromatherapy, therapeutic massage, reiki, indian head massage, reflexology or on site massage to carry out a course of treatment in the client’s own home. The pilot will initially be happening in Glasgow, North / South Lanarkshire and the Central Region. Full training will be provided. This is a good CV opportunity for anyone wishing to obtain a career with the NHS or within a hospice setting. Further details can be obtained from Dawn Hamilton on 0141 945 1077 or dawn.hamilton@mndscotland.org.uk
Gillian Kenyon
Jul 3 2009 4:53PM
Jim,

We have a number of members up in Scotland who are not CThA members.

Can I pass this information to them or do the volunteers need to be members of CThA.

As this role is for 'volunteers', I assume it is a project where they will NOT be paid.

However, as the clients are going to need treatments in their own homes, who is going to cover the costs of all the travel ?

Can you tell me how the project, which is being done on a 'voluntary basis' is actually going to help complementary therapists get a job in the NHS when nurses who are qualified in complementary therapies are finding it so hard to get complementary therapy work in the NHS - is there a promise of a job after the therapist has worked for free ?.

Sorry to have so many quetsions but I would like to be able to pass on information to other people without giving them expectations of something that isn't going to happen.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Employment Opportunities