Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Rona Gray, Sep 18 2009 3:51PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Course by external provider: Indian Head Massage/Palliative Care

From Rona Gray, Local Group coordinator
I have received the following which i have agreed to circulate to local members:

Indian Head Massage Course
For the Elderly / Palliative Care
Drylaw Parish Church Halls, Edinburgh
Saturday 26th September 9.30am – 4.30pm

This CThA approved day course shall be taught by Mary Atkinson who wrote the books ‘The Art of Indian Head Massage’ and ’Healing Touch for Children’.
The one day advanced course is for those who are qualified in Indian Head Massage and want to add to their skills. Participants will learn slow, gentle appropriate techniques for use with the elderly and palliative care clients. The routine is used successfully in hospices and elderly care homes and massage therapists will learn how to work within their limitations and recognise when it is not appropriate to offer massage.
A certificate in Anatomy and Physiology is advisable before working with elderly, frail and palliative care clients.
This course shall be very relaxed with a lot of practise. 5CPD points will be awarded to add to your portfolio on completion of the course on the day along with a certificate of attendance.
£10 DEPOSIT REQUIRED [ non refundable]

Application form – Indian Head /Elderly Palliative Care Course.

Name;

Address;

Deposit Paid;
Do you have a certificate in Indian Head Massage?
If so, please provide a copy.
Do you have a certificate in Anatomy and Physiology?
If so, please provide copy.

If you do not have a certificate in Anatomy and Physiology please get in contact to discuss this.

Send applications to;
Margery Bambrick
14 Granton Mains Brae
Edinburgh
Eh4 4GE
Or contact www. angelhealingwaters.com /0131 551 2560.

Total cost of course - £50 [including lunch on the day].
Full amount must be paid by 5th September 09.
Please contact Margery Bambrick on; www.angelhealingwaters.com
Or phone; 0131 551 2560 for details and applications.
Rona Gray
Sep 18 2009 3:59PM
Sorry the info about the IHM course posted by myself below was supposed to go on the Edinburgh and Lothians Group page!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events