Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Liz Webster, Jan 13 2010 6:51PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Petrolleum free Cream/Balm for Reflexology Treatments

Hi there,
Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for a cream or balm to use during reflexology. I've been on Tony Porter's ART seminars and although his cream works very well for reflexology I am resistant to use a petrolleum based product as I use natural products as much as possible. I have been using Essentially Oils' Epione Cream but would prefer something less runny. Any ideas will be great.
Anne McBride
Jan 16 2010 5:37PM
I find strictly professional massage cream is wonderful though it does have petrolleum in it. This cream was recommended to me by a lady called Olive Kendal who is an osteopath and holistic therpist. It is easily absorbed into the skin and glides on smoothly. I have never had any problem with it whatsoever. Once you start using it you will not go back to anything else. I hope you find this useful.

You can purchase this cream from Sally's, they have outlets up and down the country.

Julie Egginton
Jan 24 2010 12:22PM
I've seen a beeswax based balm called Niki's Original Reflexology Foot Balm being advertised. Contact details are www.thecomplementarytherapyclinic.co.uk TEL: 0118 9894832. Not being a reflexologist I've not used it myself.

Regards
Teresa M. Wright
Jan 26 2010 2:49PM
I use Tui Refexology wax, which is made from organic ingredients. I have also just started making my own so i can had aromatherapy oils to suit each client.

Teresa
Teresa M. Wright
Jan 26 2010 2:50PM
I use Tui Reflexology wax, which is made from organic ingredients. I have also just started making my own so I can add aromatherapy oils to suit each client.

Teresa
Liz Webster
Jan 27 2010 3:58PM
Thank you everyone for feedback - I'll enjoy trying out the different suggestions!
Dawn Spragg
Apr 28 2010 1:31PM
Depending on the viscosity of the medium you want to utilise I would make my own or I can recommend the seaweed Body cream from Essentailly yours WWW.essentially-yours.co.uk
All of their products are free of Petro-chemicals Mineral oils Animal ingredients Parabens and preservatives check them out. I have utilised their product for over 10 years in my practice for facials and body treatments and I have also taken them in to the college where I teach as the kits for my Beauty student ITEC Beauty professional for the last 4 years.
Good luck
God bless
Dawn Spragg
WWW.healinghandsaromatherapy.co.uk
Therapist and ITEC Tutor
Angela Rawlins
Apr 30 2010 5:01PM
Hi

I have also been using Tui Balme for Reflexology clients for years and find it the best medium ever> :))

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Discussion about treatments