Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Declan Alasdair Hill, Mar 25 2010 1:35PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

BT Customer Street

Did anybody else sign up for this website listing?

What were your experiences of it?

Cheers, Declan

07825 040070
Angela Rawlins
Mar 25 2010 5:19PM
Declan - BEWARE!

check this site http://www.btcomplaint.com/2009/01/bt-customerstreet.html

I googled BT Customerstreet and that is what I got.

Funnily enough I'm sure they've contacted me but I thought it was BT and NO I didn't sign up as I was already having my web site re-done by a friend of a friend:))

Regards

Angela
Angela Rawlins
Mar 25 2010 5:21PM
On reading more - they have definitely contacted me and the dratted woman was so rude it was unbelievable that she was trying to sell me something!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T DO IT
Declan Alasdair Hill
Mar 25 2010 7:30PM
Hi Angela

Thanks for that.

Too late, am now dealing with the aftermath...

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers, Declan
Joy Healey
Mar 25 2010 11:58PM
Reading the post Declan found brought back horrid memories of the time I signed up with Iomart/Ufindus - which seems to be BT Customer Street's "ancestor".

Absolute nightmare. I'm glad of the warning that they are at large again under a new guise.

Joy
Dipa Chandegra
Jul 7 2010 10:53AM
i dealt with BT CUSTOMER STREET, THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC. I had to terminate contract because they would handle my specified contract and deliver what was asked for. They are scam artists. When I called back they were very unhelpful, and basically did not stick to their terms of agreement or reimburse me. But you lice and you learn.
Declan Alasdair Hill
Jul 7 2010 10:03PM
Hi Dipa and everyone

I suspended payment of my direct debit in March and they've started an internal inquiry into mis-selling.

Seeing as they've taken four months so far to come up with nothing, looks like they're not interested in investigating it and just want to take my money. Either that or they've been inundated with complaints and it's taking them ages to wade through them.

Maybe Ombudsman next...
Deborah Joan Grace
Jul 27 2010 11:21AM
Had the same, totally useless. I didn't cancel in time at end of contract, mainly because the day it was due was a day after I'd lost my brother to cancer. Even though I explained this I got a letter trying to get 60 days money for late cancellation.
Emailed Ian.Livingston@bt.com (current CEO of BT). Mentioned damage to corporate image, sly business practice and loss of trust.
Dealt with by his office and line manager of girl that tried to ring to demand money was made to call to explain account was cancelled. Always go to the top. They don't deal with it themselves but generally their office does as one irritated customer who knows how to get in touch can cost them a fortune just by wasting their time.
Customer 1 : Customer Street 0
Give it a go, hope you win one too.
Debbie Grace
Declan Alasdair Hill
Jul 27 2010 11:35AM
Hi Deborah

Thanks for this and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

I'll get the email off to Ian Livingstone now. Surely they can't be seriously still investigating the problem after four and a half months. If so, their internal investigation procedures are just as bad as their webpages.

With gratitude

Declan
Angela Rawlins
Jul 27 2010 5:27PM
Perhaps you all should contact 'Dom' on the TV??? Good way of giving mass bad publicity:)

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion