Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Apr 19 2010 3:19PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Health and Safety

I am currently training to became a professional holistic massage therapist. Could you please tell me:
1- What are the health and safety that i would have to implement in order to set up my business?

2 How much is the fee in order to join CTHA?
3 What type of insurance should i buy?
4- Do you offer insurance?

I Look forward for your replay,
Kind regards,
Christianne
George B.
Apr 23 2010 1:47PM
Hi Christianne,

We would need a little more info on the type of business, salon or mobile etc? But a really good general resource for basic health and safety info is An Introductory Guide the Business this publication also has lots of useful info for setting up a new business.

The cost of membership for the CThA is £58, however there is a graduate discount making it only £38. Which is fantastic value. We have team of professionals on hand ready to answer your questions, be it about health and safety or any aspect of your business.

As a member you would also get a discount on insurance with Holistic Insurance Services that covers a comprehensive list of therapies for only £44 with a limit of indemnity £ 5,000,000 malpractice public & professional liability for any one claim.

However the CThA would recommend you have insurance and to be a member it is requirement. It needs to cover all the treatments you might offer to a minimum limit of indemnity £2,000,000 malpractice public & professional liability for any one claim.

Hope all of this helps
Elizabeth Hughes
Apr 28 2010 9:54AM
Hi Christianne,

Another source of information for Health and Safety issues and setting up a business is available from Business Link. They are supported by the government and most of their services are free. They are a good support service.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Hughes

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public