Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted May 19 2010 2:21PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Hopi Ear Candles

I have recently had an ear infection but it has left me with impacted wax covering my eardrum. Is is ok to use hopi candles with impacted wax or should the ear wax be softened first. There is no more infection in my ear.
Roushan Martens
May 26 2010 3:35PM
You should be fine, as long as the infection's gone. It would be more effective if the wax is softened first, probably. You can use plain almond oil (a few drops morning and night for a few days) - as long as you don't have any allergies. The Thermo-auricular Association (http://www.thermo-auricular.com/), the lead body for training therapists in ear candling also make some very gentle drops for softening wax, which clients of mine have found helpful. You might want to see a professional therapist - there's a list at the thermo-auricular website.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Roushan Martens
Alan Robinson
May 31 2010 12:03AM
I have recently come into contact with an experienced Hopi Ear candle practitioner and teacher. They swear on using garlic oil for treating ear infections. I believe the pure garlic oil also clears wax very effectively. I will be in clinic with them tomorrow so I will confirm the wax clearing properties of garlic oil and post again tomorrow night. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Best wishes, Alan Robinson

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public