Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Marcus Staff, Jun 1 2010 12:50PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Reiki - Requests for Distant Healing

Please post requests for distant/absent healing here in the following format:

~ Name of person requiring Reiki

~ Area that the person lives (i.e. town/city)

~ Brief description of the situation/ailment

As this is a public forum, please DO NOT put any contact details or detailed personal information.

Kind regards,

Marcus Staff MCThA

Adrienne Joyce Marriott
Jun 1 2010 4:23PM
Distant healing for Geoffrey Marriott. Lives near Leeds. Two weeks ago fell off his bicycle and sustained bad concussion. He was wearing a helmet but it split. Still gets very tired and has problems concentrating & occasional problems with balance.
Caroline Tipler-Rowlands
Jun 1 2010 5:23PM
If he has concussion and suffers with balance problems I hope he under medical supervision. There are many physical and neurological aspects that need to be treated when balance is concerned. If the fall also (very Likely) put any muscles into spasm then they too could affect his balance. By all means I would still give a reiki session but would absolutely ensure that the person has been treated medicaly for his balance and had his vesticular processes checked. A good deep tissue massage would also be a good idea.
Marcus Staff
Jun 1 2010 6:00PM
I agree with Caroline and should have put initially that requests for distant healing should not replace other forms of treatment or seeing a medical practitioner. Hopefully other Reiki practitioner/master members will also send Reiki.

Kind regards,

Marcus Staff MCThA
Alexandra Beaven
Jun 1 2010 10:21PM
Distance Healing for Anita Bennett
Bristol
Emotional and Financial Crisis
Thank you
Jeanette Bean
Jun 2 2010 8:50AM
Reiki and Complementary Therapies works well along side conventional medicine, first step is to seek the correct medical advice and support. Once this is established we then can move forward with Reiki etc. which I would be quite happy to do at this point.
Marcus Staff
Jun 8 2010 9:10PM
Please can Reiki be sent to Tracy Martin in Birmingham who has recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Kind regards,

Marcus Staff MCThA
Jeanette Bean
Jun 9 2010 10:52AM
Reiki can be sent to try and help Tracy Martin, also if you are in touch with her I have found good results with Aromatherapy massage for Fybromyalgia, should she have a therapist close by and have the funding spare to cover this. If it helps also Essentially oils limited do a Fybromyalgia oil blend that also helps.
Marcus Staff
Jun 9 2010 12:34PM
Thanks Jeanette, I will pass on the advice.
Sophie Le Tollec
Jul 20 2010 12:58AM
Please send Reiki to Mathieu Barreaud born 17/04/2006
He lives in Vendee in France
He has Leukodystrophia (metachromatique) and basically his central nervous system is going down because
he is lacking myelin sheath. Within the space of a year, he went from walking like a toddler to not being able to sit down anymore. He will soon loose the use of his hands. Mathieu is in constant pain and under medication. Any advise on natural remedies that can be taken orally to sooth his pain will also be appreciated, please note he is only 4 years old. A few people have been doing some distance Reiki since November 2009 and are continuing to do so.
Many thanks in advance.
Jeanette Bean
Jul 20 2010 8:27AM
At the moment cannot think of anything due to not knowing very much about this particular condition, there are some essential oils that some times helps with pain, but not knowing medication etc. I could not possibly recommend the use of any due to potential complications. You could try finding an aromatherapist closer to him to allow them to visit to gain more information and consent from doctor's etc. perhaps a gentle massage could possibly help ease some of his discomfort. I will however join in with the distance reiki and wish him luck in his battle.
Jeanette Bean
Jul 20 2010 8:28AM
At the moment cannot think of anything due to not knowing very much about this particular condition, there are some essential oils that sometimes helps with pain, but not knowing medication etc. I could not possibly recommend the use of any due to potential complications. You could try finding an aromatherapist closer to him to allow them to visit to gain more information and consent from doctor's etc. perhaps a gentle massage could possibly help ease some of his discomfort. I will however join in with the distance Reiki and wish him luck in his battle.
Caroline Tipler-Rowlands
Jul 20 2010 9:50AM
The Myelin Sheath of a neuron consists of fat-containing cells that insulate the axon from electrical activity. This insulation acts to increase the rate of transmission of signals. A gap exists between each myelin sheath cell along the axon. Since fat inhibits the prop agation of electricity, the signals jump from one gap to the next. Multiple sclerosis is characterized by patches of demyelination (destruction or loss of the myelin sheath) in the central nervous system. The symptoms that result from this demyelination are determined by the functions normally contributed by the affected neurons. Disruption of muscle control, speech and visual disturbances are common.

The Myelin Project was established in 1989 with the aim of funding research to find a cure for demyelinating diseases, such as the leukodystrophies which are genetic and multiple sclerosis which is acquired. The organization was founded by Augusto Odone and his late wife, Michaela. Their son, Lorenzo, suffers from X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD), the most common of the leukodystrophies. The story of the Odones' struggle was dramatized in the film “Lorenzo's Oil”, starring Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon, released by Universal Studios in 1992. http://www.myelin.org/

Not wanting to give false hope, but one thing I would do is ensure there is no toxin build up from food additives etc which may aggravate the situation:

•Step 1
Reduce chemical and heavy metal toxins in your body. Lower the amount of mercury in the body from seafood sources as well as dental fillings. Limit your exposure to x-rays, insecticides and organic solvents. According to a review of research done by the University of Michigan, people with Multiple Sclerosis had higher than normal levels of these toxins in their bodies.

•Step 2
Consider a physician monitored detox. Detoxification allows the body to strip itself of accumulated toxins that may play a role in myelin sheath deterioration.

•Step 3
Increase essential fatty acids in your diet. Myelin is 75 percent fats and cholesterol, and it is 25 percent protein, according to the PMD Foundation. In theory, increasing essential fatty acids provides the body with the building blocks it needs to build and repair myelin as indicated by the University of Michigan Health System website.

•Step 4
Increase the body's intake of vitamin D. The University of Michigan reports that in animal studies vitamin D protects against developing Multiple Sclerosis.

•Step 5
Take a commercial product. According to the University of Michigan, Padma Basic is very effective in treating Multiple Sclerosis. The product is based on a traditional Tibetan herbal formula and may help rebuild myelin.

Read more: How to Rebuild the Myelin Sheath | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5275690_rebuild-myelin-sheath.html#ixzz0uD7UIPiC
Sophie Le Tollec
Jul 20 2010 6:10PM
Many thanks for your replies and support. I will pass on the information to the parents. Just bought Homeopathy Hypericum and Homeopathy Chamomilla from Neal's Yard as well as Emergency Bush Flower essence, hopefully it will help him deal with pain, in addition to what the doctors gave him. Thanks again for your advice.
Marcus Staff
Mar 14 2011 9:50AM
Please can Reiki Practitioners send Reiki to the people and situation in Japan.

Many thanks,

Marcus

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public