Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Jun 1 2010 1:36PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Starting a complementary therapy business

I am a student completing an HNC in complementary therapies and am working on a project in connection with starting a complementary therapy business within a health and wellness centre. This is based on a scenario of renting a room within the centre. I need to gather information in terms of which legislation is applicable in terms of health and safety and who is responsible for what in this situation ie the therapist or the centre. Also if anyone knows any information on how a GP referral system works or further advice on setting up a complementary therapy business. Many thanks. HNC student
Tonia Parsons
Jun 4 2010 7:25PM
Hi HNC student
Did you get any replies in any way from this question?
I believe the only way of getting referrals is to sign up to CNHC and then you go direct to your local GPs and build good working relationships with them. It's the only way I see as I've been doing SWLondon Coordination and have got quite a brick wall from the private business as GPs have never taken them seriously before they don't believe any of it is worth it...financially. I have found the Chinese Doctors are very happy to have local GPs referring to them for concessions through the NHS. Otherwise we will forever be stuck with NHS providing very little funding for those in need such as Mental Health Disorders ie. very few Voluntary therapists giving what little time they have to spare to those in need with little money.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public