Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Mariette Lobo, Nov 4 2005 8:25AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

VQ Assessor Units SOS No.2!

Further to my previous SOS's, it now transpires the people who very kindly offered to help/mentor me through the VQ Assessor Unit/development of the unit (Indian Head Massage) are not really involved with teaching/mapping it to VTCT requirements. So I am now looking for mentors who have developed and teach IHM to VTCT standards (Levels 2 & 3) at FE colleges.

I am most grateful for all the other offers of help but for both the Assessor Unit and teaching IHM, I have to follow the strict guidelines laid down by the respective Awarding bodies and map whatever I do to fit in with them. In my case, it is VTCT.

Anyone out there?

Mariette

Lorraine Wright
Nov 4 2005 1:28PM
hi I am a fully trained verifer and assessor for city and guilds 7318 if you would like to send me a personnel message my email is aromatherapythewrightway@yahoo.co.uk
I also teach indian head massage for a local college, if I can be of any help please contact me.

thanks

lorraine wright iihht
Laurence Ouillon-Palmer
Nov 4 2005 3:54PM
Hi Mariette

I teach VTCT Level 3 IHM in FE. I am also an assessor for this course. How can I help?

Laurence
Fiona Mazurka
Nov 4 2005 5:06PM
Hi Mariette,

I can be of no help unfortunately but am wondering what these initials stand for - VTCT - and what training you are actually doing at the moment? Just curious as I have just completed my PGCE but didn't realise there was more specific training. Is this related to ITEC?

Thanks and good luck, Fiona Mazurka
Mariette Lobo
Nov 4 2005 5:29PM
VTCT is an awarding body for beauty, holistic and other therapies that are competency rather than knowledge specific. They have a website (which you can access via Google) which is reasonably informative.

Mariette
Rosemary Johnson
Nov 4 2005 6:20PM
It stands for "VOcational Training Charitable Trust".
No, it isn't connected to ITEC.
Rosemary

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Therapy Lecturers Association