Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Roushan Martens, Aug 19 2010 10:24AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Beware phone scam

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from 'the emergency services press', contacting me as a therapist. Heard about this before, so just told him I knew it was a scam and put the phone down. Thought I'd better let folk know this was doing the rounds again. Basically, they pretend they are affiliated to the emergency services (or sometimes the police), and offer you advertising in their non-existent magazine. Then you get a proof, pay for the ad, and never hear anything again. Don't give them any time, folks!
Sonia Barzey
Aug 19 2010 5:08PM
Me too. I have already informed the CNHC as they were asking if anyone had received a phone call from them. I told them I was going to investigate their business and never received a call back!
Patricia Wallace
Aug 21 2010 12:42PM

Hi i got a call too last month from these people!!! I unfortunately gave them my time briefly!! i showed an interest in their Emergency Service Magazine in which i could place ad.I have had to take advice from Trade Standards because i am being hounded for money for a magazine which probably doesnt exist. I wish i had seen
the forums before i got myself into this tangle!!

regards

Pat

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events