Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Mariette Lobo, Nov 21 2005 11:08AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Embody Launch

Tayforth group in fife would be very interested to know members' reactions to the recent Embody "Launch". Have Scottish members, in particular, benefited from it in any way? What about our fellow members in England?

Anecdotal evidence (Scotland), so far, suggests not - the response being "who?" and "what launch?".

Will some sort of questionnaire be sent out (by post or online) to all members to seek out their view/comments as part of Embody's PR audit?

What's interesting is that the latest editions of magasines which one can safely assume are popular with clients and therapists alike UK-wide (Top Sante, Health and Fitness etc) make frequent reference to other membership organisations eg in October's edition of Top Sante, the BCMA is advertising its latest publication, "Handbook of Complementary Medicine Qualifications" which purports to detail what lies behidn the complicated academic titles as well as the training involved. Cost - £6.99. The carrot - "to find a complementary therapist who's safe, competent and qualified".
As both a "client" and practising therapist, this made a pretty big and positive impression on me!

What are members' views on the whole issue of meaningful PR?

Mariette Lobo

Mariette Lobo
Nov 27 2005 4:23PM
Golly! A week later - and not a single reply! Is there life out there in Embody-land?

Mariette
Rosemary Johnson
Nov 28 2005 6:25PM
Hi Mariette,
I'm here.
I can't say I've been overwhelmed with all the publicity for the launch, either.
Nor with the traffic onthe forums.
Rosemary
Mariette Lobo
Nov 28 2005 10:15PM
Thanks for responding, Rosemary. I'm beginning if we have embodied or dis-embodied members out there! Embody is not the only professional organisation I belong to where the benefits of PR and other launches seem to by-pass Scottish members or else are minimal. I feel it is something these organisations need to address. On the other hand, I've had very little interest in the Local Group (Tayforth, incorporating Fife, Perth and Dundee) I founded over a year ago with barely a handful of members attending meetings or responding to any communication - professional or otherwise. Perhaps there are many who don't use a computer or the Embody website. Can any practitioner function in this day and age without access to a computer for information, educational, and continuing development purposes - never mind anything else!
Dora Jackson
Dec 1 2005 11:46PM
Hey out there.... I'm a therapist recently moved to the UK from Canada and I'm not all that impressed with the presence of complimentary therapies on the net, or therapists for that matter. Everyone seems to be tooting their own horn but there's no real cohesiveness it seems. What other organizations are out there? I have a hard time sorting it all out when I search on the net for reputable associations. Any thoughts???
Cindy Wingate
Dec 5 2005 12:16AM
Is it about earning a living, or helping people?
Jo Webb
Feb 10 2006 7:16PM
Perhaps I missed it but the Telegraph promotion was given to me by my mother in law I was not aware of it happening. Theory is fine but practice seems to be lacking
Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 3:51PM
Hi Guys

Any feedback here ?. Is EMBODY still not widely heard of up there in Scotland.

As founder of a co-alition of independent practitioners across the whole of the UK, I went up to Edinburgh last weekend and made a point of meeting up with our member practitioners there.

Whilst we may be based in Cheshire, we actively promote ALL locations where practitioners who are part of our co-alition are based.

Check out our web site for Independent Practitioners ; www.TheHClub.org.uk

also see our practitioner locations listings on the Client site: www.TheHClub.co.uk
Gillian Kenyon
May 18 2008 11:30AM
I have just received this from EMBODY - they are asking therapists to collect the vouchers and send them back. Why when we are not being paid anything for the vouchers- is it because all the other campaigns seem to have been so disasterous and EMBODY wishes to counter those claims ?.

I am however aghast that as this promotion is being run by Mosaic - and will be being paid for by Muller - why is it being taken as the second promotion for which EMBODY members have paid - It is not costing EMBODY anything - indeed, I would even ask, is this like the aborted ASDA promotion through Mosaic - are EMBODY being paid by Mosaic as well as being paid £20 by us members ?.

Second Embody Promotion begins tomorrow
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:18 May 2008 06:22:26
To: thehclub@hotmail.com

Dear Gillian The Müllerlight on pack promotion begins tomorrow, 2.5 million promotional packs will begin to hit the shelves tomorrow.

For terms and conditions see: www.embodyforyou.com/Promotions/MullerlightTermsAndConditions

To help us monitor the response to this promotion, please can you collect all vouchers you receive and send them in to us at the end of the promotion to the address below.

Good luck
Martyn Nixon
Marketing Manager
Embody Embody Promotions
PO Box 6955
Towcester
NN12 6WZ
Tel: 0870 005 2646 Fax: 0844 779 8898
Email : info@embodyforyou.com
Web : www.EmbodyForYou.com

A division of Education & Media Services Limited.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion