Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Caroline Platt, Aug 25 2010 1:24PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

photographs for website

I am currently finishing my website and would like a photo of myself massaging in my therapy room.
Has anyone done this for their own website and if so did they use a professional photographer or used
one of the more upto date digital cameras and had someone they know take it. Obviously I would want a
good quality photo for my site, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Caroline Platt
Marian Child
Aug 26 2010 9:27AM
I used to have photos of me performing a massage on my website. in a previous life I was a professional photographer and used a timer to take the photos.

If you are going to take photos yourself, I just thought I would give you a few suggestions, which may or may not be obvious.

- get permission of the person you are taking the photo of.
- decided what you want a photo of

- Before you start, take a photo of the approximate angle and then check the image to ensure you have managed to get everything you expect in.
- then check it again for anything you want to remove that clutters up the photo. Electric leads, bits of paper, furniture which distracts from what you are trying to show.
- what is the lighting like, is it too dark/light. do you need to change your angle.
- borrow a tripod so you can use a timer

- with the client, make sure the towels are neat, hair is neat

- try not to get any oil on the camera

- enjoy the massage session even though you are staging it.

Good Luck
Gillian Kenyon
Sep 7 2010 11:39AM
It is well worth doing both things.

If you can not afford a Professional then digital photos taken by a friend can be useful. You can edit them using a free software package called Piccassa. Downloadable from the internet.

If you need a Professional, you would be best asking for a package of photos and to take your couch to his studio where he can creat a set. This does cost but it is worthwhile contacting the phographer: phil.hackney@image-n.net

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion