Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Sep 3 2010 7:14PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

teaching massage

I WOULD LIKE TO BE A TRAINING PROVIDER OF MASSAGE AND A&P AS AN INDEPENDANT SCHOOL, HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS? DOES IT SOLELY DEPEND ON MY INSURANCE PROVIDER. I WOULD LIKE MY STUDENTS TO BE ABLE TO GET INSURED,ONCE THEY ARE TRAINED. I REALISE THAT I NEED TO GET STUDENT INSURANCE FOR THEM ALSO.
SO SORRY TO WAFFLE ON.

THANKS
SUE
Dawn Spragg
Sep 12 2010 5:57PM
Hi there

You will firstly need to have been a practicing massage therapist for at least two years with proof of this. Secondly get training as an adult education tutor . You could approach a education institute and ask if they would take you on as a trainer and enable you to get your qualifications simultaneously. These qualifications start as PTLLS: TRAINER TRAINING COURSE . City & Guilds 7303: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Once you gain this qualification you would be able to teach adult education. Unfortunately it’s a little like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, as to get your PTLLS you have to be working as a trainer, and to become a trainer most institutes require you to have PTLLS. I know it sounds potty but that’s the way it is, but it can be done. Get in touch with your local council run College and get advice from them.
A STRONG PIECE OF ADVISE FROM ONE WHO KNOWS; please only think of taking up as a trainer is you are really serious and are fully dedicated to passing on your knowledge to the next generation of Therapists.
Good Trainers make the job look easy but the paperwork you have to complete and the amount of preparation hours that you have to put in to be a good trainer is Immense. It’s a bit like looking at an ice berg. What you see I only 10% of the whole.
I do hope this helps.
Good luck in your future endeavours.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public