Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by CThA Administrator, Nov 12 2010 2:59PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Crisis At Christmas 2010 are looking for volunteers to run our Natural Healing & Podiatry Service

Crisis At Christmas 2010 opens in less than 6 weeks! We are expecting to welcome over 2500 guests from 23rd to 30th December and we are looking for volunteers to run our Natural Healing & Podiatry service.

Make someone feel relaxed this Christmas. Our therapies currently include natural healing, reiki, cranio-sacral therapy and energy field therapy. With your help, we aim to offer our services across all Crisis At Christmas Centres this year.

“This centre has saved
me, they are helping me to
find a hostel and listened
to what I have to say”
Crisis At Christmas guest

Our treatments are much valued by the guests. Relaxed, peaceful, energised, safe, comfortable are just a few of the words used by guests after receiving our treatments and last year we were fortunate enough to treat over 170 guests. Our team of caring volunteers has grown over the years but we need more to be able to offer the service across all centres. If you are a member of a recognised organisation and have appropriate insurance, we need your help so please join the team this Christmas. And if you know anyone else with these skills, please spread the word. Probationer healers are welcome as they will be paired with qualified practitioners.

Shifts run from 12 to 7 pm from Friday 24 December through to Wednesday 29 December. We ask that every volunteer signs up for a minimum of two shifts Recruitment opens early October 2010.

Improve the foot health of homeless people this Christmas

Our podiatry service provides a range of treatments and foot care advice to our guests, mainly treating corns and callus, mycotic and gryphotic nails, and much blistering and maceration.

We are looking for qualified podiatrists to provide treatment for our guests and student podiatrists to help run the podiatry service at Crisis At Christmas this year. In 2009 we provided treatment for 219 guests but we were still short of podiatrists. This year we would like to help even more guests so if you have relevant skills and experience, please apply to join the team. And if you know anyone else who would be interested, please spread the word.

Crisis At Christmas opens this year from 23 to 30 December. Shifts run in the podiatry service from 8 am to 1 pm and from 1.30 to 7 pm starting on the afternoon of Thursday 23 December through to the evening of Wednesday 29 December. We ask that every volunteer signs up for a minimum of
two shifts. Recruitment opens early October 2010.

Please check our website for further
details: www.crisis.org.uk/volunteering

There is also the opportunity for general volunteering.

Gillian Murphy
Nov 19 2010 1:51PM
I am a fully registered and insured Reflexologist and I would be very happy and willing to offer my services to your very worthwhile cause I look forward to hearing from you. Best Wishes Gill Murphy

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events