Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Nov 16 2010 7:38PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Which accreditation option is best?

I have a VCTC in massage and anatomy and physiology.

I now wish to progress with more more treatments, but am unclear on the best route of accreditation. Ideally I would like to complete some of the courses quite quickly, however I want to make sure that eacn one is recognised to enable me to practise professionally and to get insurance. Is BABTAC and The Guild sufficient, or should I opt for ITEC or VCTC?

The courses I wish to do are indian head (1 day), hopi ears (1 day), hot stones (1 day) and aromatherapy (5 days).

Thanks in advance
Claire
CThA Administrator
Nov 25 2010 10:25AM
Hi Claire,

Any courses run by ITEC, VTCT and City & Guilds would be acceptable for membership and insurance with the CThA. However, once you have gained you core Level 3 qualification, you will be able to do class based short courses that are relevant to the core course you have studied. Therefore the Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Therapy and Hopi Ear Candling would be fine as short courses. However, you would need to take a Level 3 qualification in Aromatherapy as that is considered a separate discipline. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on info@ctha.com or 0845 202 2941.

Kind Regards,

Zara

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public