Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Dervilla Gaffney, Jan 26 2006 10:59AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

renting information

I am planning to rent a small room above a hair salon, its out of town but on a busy main road.Does anyone have idea's on prices or roughly what i should be paying for this. Also once i pay the rent is that it? I do have insurance for my treatments but is there any other costs in the premises.
thanks
Dee
Linden Gregory
Jan 26 2006 1:05PM
Hi Dee
Just as a pointer I recently worked out of premises upstairs at a Hairdressing Salon in a town centre. The rent for the whole of the top floor which included a reception area, a main treatment room and a small side room that could be used for talking therapies was £50 per week inclusive. Normally when you're renting you need to clarify other costs such as business rates, electricity etc - I think this example was a bargain, however the downside was the noise from traffic passing below. You also need to be aware of noise from the salon below - I didnt suffer on that front too much but the hairdressers did need to walk through the reception area to get to the loos. There were also no extra insurance costs for me - just my normal Embody cover.

Good luck

Lin

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion