Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Victoria Thompson, Feb 9 2011 12:26PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Informal Hand Massage Training Session

I have just been asked to tutor an informal hand massage training session for a small charity with a limited budget. I am more than happy to do this, (especially as I used to be a lecturer !) but am unsure what to charge. I believe there will be about 8 people. Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks !
Amanda Clegg
Feb 9 2011 12:43PM
I do odd bits like this - and usually charge around £40-£50 per hour (ish), which is more than half the commercial training rate. You still have to make sure your insurance covers you for occasional teaching, which CThA does, and provide oils, instruction handouts etc. so it outlay plus prep time plus travel plus delivery - at least 4 hrs total effort for a one or two hour session - therefore a bargain for them!
Amanda Clegg
Feb 9 2011 12:46PM
sorry - cat on keyboard hit 'post'! I also leave them with a 50ml bottle of massage oil (labelled with my logo, name and contact details) and a laminated postcard with the simple routine we have covered, as a 'value added'
Lorraine Murray
Feb 16 2011 4:38PM
remember to give each person your business card/leaflet and offer them a £5 discount if they book a treatment with you within a month

Lorraine

www.ilovefgt.com

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion