Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
URGENT - Complementary Therapist Required in Norwich
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week. Salary: £15,615.60 - £18,577 per annum pro-rata
Milestones is an innovative, 8 bedded independent psychiatric hospital providing an intensive programme of treatment and care for women. We provide a unique service to the NHS. We have developed an integrated team of nursing, medical, psychology, complementary therapists and support staff who work together to achieve therapeutic goals negotiated with the patients.
We are a close-knit, highly professional team providing treatment and care to women with complex needs. If you feel that you have the qualities to make a difference to people with severe mental health problems please contact us.
Milestones offers the opportunity to integrate medical, psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions with a wide range of complementary therapies. This is popular and effective with our service users and is consistent with our philosophy of maximising choice in the planning of programmes of treatment and care.
All Complimentary Therapists applying for this post will be expected to operate within the Code of Conduct and Ethics of the Complementary Therapies Association.
Please call our Administration Officer, Caroline Purdy an application pack.
Closing date for applications: 4th April, 2011
Milestones Hospital, Stonehouse Road, Salhouse, Norwich, NR13 6EZ
Tel: 01603 782200
Mar 11 2011 4:46PM
|My apologies, I forgot to add this as well.
JOB DESCRIPTION Complementary Therapist
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Accountable to: Ward Manager
Salary: £15,615.60 - £18,577 per annum, pro-rota.
The post holder will take responsibility for the delivery and evaluation of complementary therapies to patients and will be active in communicating with other disciplines within the Team, ensuring transfer of clinical information in accordance with the requirements of the Care Programme Approach.
The post holder will provide a range of Complementary Therapies to patients on a booking system, working to maximise the effective use of resources and to deliver treatment and care in an environment that is conducive to healing and recovery.
The post holder will be expected to act and practice always within the framework of the Complementary Therapies Association and its’ supplementary guidance.
The post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties and roles:
1. Plan, deliver and evaluate the complementary therapies programme for patients, working within the frameworks of professional governing bodies, statutory requirements and the expectations of regulatory authorities.
2. Practice within the framework of the policies and procedures of Milestones, ensuring that the planning and delivery of care is patient centred and that work is undertaken with patients in a spirit of openness and collaboration.
3. Ensure that all plans of therapy, subsequent changes and evaluations are communicated to the wider multi-disciplinary team, ensuring continuity of approach.
4. Ensure that all progress notes, and other elements of the Health Record are completed in a cogent, comprehensive and intelligent manner.
5. Attend, where necessary, case conferences and review meetings.
Mar 16 2011 10:59AM
|Please note the change of closing date from March 14th to April 4th.|