Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Apr 14 2011 3:07PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Getting back into Sports Massage

I qualified as a Sports Massage therapist back in 1999 with the Fellowship of Sports Masseurs and Therapists (FSMT) Level 2. I haven't been a regular practitioner, basically just doing massage treatments for free on family and friends as I had a full time job.

I recently left my job to persue a career and am currently training to to qualify in canine massage. Doing this course has re-ignited my passion for sports massage on humans and to that end I would like to start charging for sports massage.

I understand that the FSMT no longer exists but wonder if this will have any impact on me wanting to start up again? I realise I need to get insurance and know that this would not be a problem but wonder if there is anything else I should consider such as getting an up to date first aid course under my belt?

What has the FSMT been replaced with? I can see from your website that qualifications done under FSMT are under your remit so how would I go about joining your association and what would be the main benefits of me doing this?

thanks, Cath

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public