Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Caz Sayles, Apr 21 2011 2:35PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Financial cover for illness

Hi,
I am a Massage Therapist and am due to have surgery soon. Does anyone know if my professional insurance would cover this? Or any other way of covering the financial implications of the time off (3weeks) that I will have to have?
Deborah Wright
Apr 21 2011 3:13PM
Hi Caz,many insurers have a clause for this in their policy.You will need to check this to be sure.
Kind Regards
Deborah
Nicki Lee
Apr 21 2011 8:20PM
It's possible you might be able to collect for sickness benefit, similar to disability benefit. I'm not sure of this but it would be worth checking into, after all your taxes have paid for it! This is something that didn't occur to me until long after I had surgery, so I didn't check it out myself. (It probably won't be very much, but anything may help.)
Best of luck and I hope you have a quick recovery.
Nicki
Caz Sayles
Jun 7 2011 9:42AM
Thank you for your replies, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but I had serious computer issues....(typically my hubby is in IT so it took me much longer to get it fixed...hehe!!)
I have checked with my insurance company and they don't cover illness...grrr!! Not to worry, so far I have managed to juggle my clients around so i'm not missing out on too much business.
The annoying thing is not being able to take on new clients before hand in case they need a course of treatment, which I'd have to stop midway through....:((
To any other therapists out there I do suggest you get some kind of sickness cover, just in case!!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion