Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Deborah Wright, May 7 2011 11:36AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CPD courses

I am considering a course in Pregnancy Reflexology at the London School of Reflexology.
Could you please tell me if this is recognised and how many points it carries.

Kind Regards
Deborah
Sue Hannaford
May 7 2011 11:41AM
Hi Deborah. The quickest way to check if recognised by CThA is to search the list of training courses under "Education" - everything is listed there, as far as I am aware, and you can search by training provider too. Saves you waiting til Monday to ring the office!
Deborah Wright
May 7 2011 1:21PM
Thank You Susan.

Best Wishes
Deborah
Marian Child
May 7 2011 2:11PM
I did this course wth the London College of Reflexology and it was accepted by CThA and their insurance company. I found it a really useful course bot from a business point of view and taking reflexology one step further.
Deborah Wright
May 7 2011 6:59PM
Marian,thank you for your reply. I have decided to do the course it sounds good.

Best Wishes
Deborah
Gillian Exley
May 8 2011 10:05PM
Hi Deborah, have you considered doing a course with Moshe Kruchik? He does two courses Part 1 is Reflexology in Pregnacy and Childbirth, Part 2 is Reflexology in the Puerperium, Fertility and Newborns. Each course is 20 hours. You can see when the next one is on his website www.maternityreflexology.net
I found both courses very informative and well presented.
Gill :)
Deborah Wright
May 9 2011 8:52AM
Thank you Gillian i will look at that now it sounds good.

Best Wishes
Deborah
Angela Rawlins
May 9 2011 3:36PM
I just viewed the web site, did anyone read the nonsense about reflexology causing an abortion? Now I understand after all these years (I qualified in 1997)why this misinformation has been circulated!
Deborah Wright
May 9 2011 5:02PM
Hi Angela,

Ive just looked at the website,im appalled not only is it untrue its dangerous.
Thank you for pointing it out.

Kind Regards
Deborah
Angela Rawlins
May 9 2011 6:02PM
Hi Deborah

We'd been warned not to treat ladies in the first 3 months and I'm sure it must have been because of that article. I must say though, there is a possibility that if the lady miscarried, they may put it down to reflexology so not worth treating just in case.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion