Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Suan Clynick, Jul 27 2011 3:56PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Central & North London Group. Tuesday, 27th Sept, 7-9 pm. FUNDING YOUR THERAPEUTIC WORK.........

Central & North London Group Members

Hi, I’m Suan Clynick and am honoured to be your new Group co-ordinator. I aim to get this enlarged group to be continually excited and enthusiastic about our profession by organising meetings where members can network with each other, open your mind to new and different therapies, maximize your potential, find support within the group and also gain your CPD points.
Your presence is essential to the success of the group so do please come to our meetings and contribute your experience, ideas and energy.

Tuesday, 27th September, 7 – 9 pm
THE NUTRI CENTRE BOOKSHOP 

7 PARK CRESCENT 
LONDON 
W1B 1PF

(nearest tube either Great Portland Street or Regents Park)
Cost: £3 for CThA members, £5 for non-members

Speaker: Sophy Proctor
Title: Funding your therapeutic work to include people in need
Overview: Does your therapy provide positive benefits to people in need, who can't afford to pay?
People in need includes people suffering from depression or other mental illness, people with physical disabilities, older people or young people suffering from stress, but can also include anyone else suffering from social exclusion.
This talk focuses on ways of gaining external funding so that you can offer your services at a reduced rate, or for free. It examines different forms of funding, in particular grant-making trusts, and the potential for working in partnership with other therapists or charities to provide a holistic service.

Sophy Proctor is one of the founders of Read Together, and is the organisation’s business and partnership manager. She also works as an independent consultant and fundraiser for charities and social enterprises. Before working at Read Together, Sophy worked in adult education before transferring to the third sector, working in a wide range of charities.
Read Together is a social enterprise set up in January 2009 to provide therapeutic reading groups to people at risk of social exclusion

I hope this topic will excite and encourage you to take your special skills outside of your therapy room to groups of people who have no contact with any sort of therapies to benefit from your work. Very challenging indeed.

The rest of the evening will be a social session with brainstorming among the members to decide the future direction of the group. Do please join us if you wish to be part of the decision making process.

With warmest regards,

Suan
Mob: 07811780622
Sandra Turner
Jul 27 2011 5:41PM
I am very interested in any day-time meetings you may have in the future - either a week-end or a week day - thank you.
Suan Clynick
Aug 3 2011 4:48PM
Hi Sandra, I will certainly inform you if we decide to have any meetings held during the day time. Best wishes, Suan
Deborah Sheppard
Sep 17 2011 1:30PM
Hi Susan,

I would be interested in attending the talk on 27th. I'm not a member of your group though- is that OK? My massage business is based in Romford and there isn't a local group at the moment. I also work as a freelance training co-ordinator though, and at the moment I'm working in St James Park, so I could come along after work if that's OK.
Suan-Lee Clynick
Sep 17 2011 2:28PM
Hi Deborah,
All CThA members are welcomed, so do please come and attend the meeting on 27th Sept. Will look froward to meeting you.
Warm regards, Suan

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Central and North London Networking Hub