Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Suan-Lee Clynick, Oct 2 2011 7:15PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Report: Central & North London, 27th Sept meeting

A walk to the next venue was the start to our first Central & North London meeting! Unfortunately our booked venue could not accommodate us but Daisy of Nutri Centre found us a meeting room in nearby College of Naturopathic Medicine.

Sophy Proctor took us along her journey of her work, bibliotherapy, reaching out to people with mental health issues. She went through all the different stages she encountered to gain external funding so that she can have an income while doing the work she loves. Holistic therapists can also reach out to other people in need using Sophy’s comprehensive guide to funding. We are very grateful to Sophy for sharing her vast experience and knowledge with us.

For any members who would like a copy of Sophy’s handout, please e-mail me: central-london@ctha.com

We then proceeded to begin get to know each other as much as possible and deciding on the future direction of our group. The discussion was lively probably due to the energizing walk.

I will be looking for another venue, as I have to be fair to the North London group as well, but will make sure that transport links are good and the walk short. If any members have suggestions for suitable venues, please e-mail me.

There were suggestions for subjects of future talks for the group, which I will undertake to find speakers for but I am open to any members who would like to contribute their ideas.
A big THANK YOU to all of you who came and supported our first meeting, and I shall look forward to meeting more and more of you in time to come.

Warm regards,
Suan
Sandra Turner
Oct 3 2011 7:17PM
Why not try www.violethillstudios.com, they are a ten muinute walk from St John's Wood Station. I do not know the cost to hire a room, but it could be spread amongst members of the group.
Janna Land
Oct 3 2011 7:58PM
Hi Susan, what does a venue need to have?
Best wishes,
Janna
Chantal Fabrice
Oct 3 2011 10:11PM
Hi Suan,

I really enjoyed the evening, it was great to learn from Sophy's experience and it was exactly what I was looking for!

Can't we use the NutriCentre anymore? When choosing a venue, do bear in mind that some of us come from other areas of London and therefore a central location makes easier access to Charring Cross in my case for example.

I look forward to our next meeting!

Chantal
Suan-Lee Clynick
Oct 4 2011 5:08PM
Hi Sandra, Janna and Chantal,
Thank you for your input to finding a venue for our next meeting. I do have a list now! More suggestions are welcomed.
The main criteria is a large enough room for 30-40 members (I anticipate more attendees in future meetings) with space for a massage couch for demo purposes if required by the speaker, and good transport links. Please bear in mind that our group is enlarged to include North London as well. I already have to rule out a 3 venues as they were not available on the day/time we require. I shall persevere..........
Warm regards, Suan

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Central and North London Networking Hub