Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Ashling Cullen, Jun 10 2012 2:20PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Meeting Notes Friday 18th May 2012

Dear All,

Please accept my apologies for the late issue of these notes but unfortunately due to a combination of factors, small one in connection with the college which you’ll see below and unfortunately I had to deal with some personal business which has resulted in this delay.

Our last meeting was held on Friday 18th May 2012 and thank you to Melisa Thomas (on behalf of Jo Tall) from Off To See My Lawyer who stepped in and gave a talk on the mistakes you need to avoid on your web site. Thank you to all of you who managed to attend but I’m aware that a great number of you had to abandon your attempt to a get there due to the high number of roadworks in the area.
Some of the items covered in the Is your Website Legal talk included: Cookies (not the type you can eat unfortunately), Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and registering with the Information Commissioners Office. If you need more information you can visit Jo’s web site www.offtoseemylawyer.com where she has useful information and oven ready documents available to purchase.

I mentioned that our next meeting was scheduled for Friday 6th July 2012 however, Sidcup AEC have confirmed that the college will be shut (that evening) as they now don’t have any classes scheduled in the evening. In addition to this, I’m very concerned that the extremely high number of roadworks in the area will only increase in the lead up to the Olympics. Therefore, I’m proposing to cancel the next meeting on Friday 6th July 2012 so that our next meeting will be in (late) September 2012 at Sidcup AEC. Please can you let me know your thoughts on this? Thank you.

Warm regards
Ashling

Housekeeping:
Our meetings are open to practising, non-practising and student therapists. We also welcome non CThA members. So if you want to bring granny along she’s more than welcome. I need to know the numbers for the meeting, so all you need to do is confirm that you’re attending and say if you’re bringing someone along. The cost is £3 each. Thank you.

Facebook:
You can find us on Facebook – Complementary Therapist North Kent & South East London. I have posted the dates of all the meetings this year (which can also be found in the Embody magazine) and I’ve also posted details in connection with all the trade shows this year.
Chantal Fabrice
Jun 10 2012 4:08PM
Weldone Ashling,

Is it possible to obtain a copy of the slides please, I found it really difficult to read them whilst listening.

Not fussed about July, happy to meet again in September.

Have a lovely summer everyone, let's hope for a bit more sun though!

Chantal
x
Ashling Cullen
Jun 10 2012 5:32PM
Hello Chantal,
I did ask, I'll send another email.

Warm regards

Ashling
Lea Chillcott
Jun 10 2012 9:21PM
Thanks for this. I will not be here in July so personally I am quite please I won't miss the meeting. I think that due to roadworks and the upcoming OG it is the right decision.

Lea :)
Ashling Cullen
Jun 10 2012 11:43PM
Thank you Lea.
Yvonne Webb
Jun 11 2012 8:18AM

Thanks Ashling,

I am in the process of taking some of my own photos for my leaflets after the information at the meeting regarding copyright.

See you in September. Have a great Summer.

Yvonne
Ashling Cullen
Jun 11 2012 11:03AM
Thanks Yvonne,

Good luck with your pictures :)

Ashling

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Bromley Networking Hub