Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Ashling Cullen, Nov 18 2013 7:58PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Reminder our final CThA Meeting this Friday 22nd November 2013: Tweet, tweet.

Hello All,

Just a reminder about our final meeting of 2013 this Friday 22nd November 2013.

For this month’s meeting, after popular request, I’m going to be giving a talk on Social Media. I’m going to focus on Twitter, how it works, what are the benefits, what do I put in my profile? and more. If you want these questions answered, then this meeting is for you. I’ll also try to cover a little on Facebook and Linked In too.

How does an interactive session sound? If this appeals then bring your phone / tablet (the computer kind, not paracetamol) / laptop along and we’ll go through the features of Twitter and you should leave feeling confident to Tweet. Want to just sit and listen to the talk? Then good old fashioned pen & paper is helpful for note taking too.

Not got an account? Sign up for one here www.twitter.com

Date & Time: On Friday 22nd November 2013 from 19:30 – 21:30

29 Greens End (General Gordon Square), London, SE18 6AB

Agenda: 19:30 – 19:45 Networking

19:45 – 21:15 Talk

21:15 – 21:30 Meeting Close.

If you wish, we can retire to the Dial Arch pub afterwards for a pre-Christmas drink?

The house rules:

Our meetings are open to practising, non-practising and student therapists. We also welcome non CThA members. So if you want to bring granny along she’s more than welcome. I need to know the numbers for the meeting, so all you need to do is confirm that you’re attending and say if you’re bringing someone along. The cost is £4 each and you get 2 CPD points for attending. Thank you.

Sometimes life does go wrong, so if you’ve previously said yes to a meeting and find you can’t attend. Please can you let me know either by email : north-kent-and-south-east-london@ctha.com or via text message on 07713 741325. Thank you.

Directions:

29 Greens End, (General Gordon Square) London SE18 6AB (it isn't on Google maps as Gmaps needs to be updated!)

The Coffee Lounge is within the old Equitable Life Building, on the corner facing the square and the NatWest bank.

1) If travelling on the DLR, leave via the 'Town Centre' exit and turn left. Walk up, the NatWest bank will be on your right hand side and the building on your left is the Equitable Life, the entrance to the Coffee Lounge is on the left hand corner.

2) If travelling via Railway. Leave the station and cross over the road towards General Gordon Square. You will see the back of the large screen to your left. In addition, on your left will be a water feature (you can have a paddle if you want) :) The Equitable Life building is on your right hand side, carry on walking up towards the NatWest Bank ahead of you and the entrance to The Coffee Lounge is on the right hand corner.

3) Buses - there are plenty that serve Woolwich: 51, 53, 54, 96, 99, 122, 161, 177, 178, 180, 244, 291, 380, 386, 422, 469 and 472. See the TFL link here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/greenwich.aspx select 'Buses from Woolwich' and a PDF map will open. Bus Stops M, N,Q amd J are on the Square.

4). Car Parking. Most of the surrounding roads have free parking from 6:30pm (check the signs) and you can also park in a number of the car parks for free too after 6:30pm. See here for further details http://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/directory_record/1390/calderwood_street_car_park and http://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/directory_record/1392/powis_street_car_park

I look forward to seeing you there.

Warm regards

Ashling
Yvonne Webb
Nov 21 2013 8:19AM
Ok thanks. See you then.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Bromley Networking Hub