Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Sue Hulbert, Jan 1 2014 4:27PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Have Your Cake & Eat It' ~ (York & District CThA) 2014 Meetings

NEW venue, time and day for 'Have Your Cake & Eat It' Meetings ~ LEAFLET for downloading will be available late January, a text only version follows below.

I look forward to welcoming new members and meeting up with old members. The meetings are open to ALL who have an interest in Complementary Health and related matters, so please do invite your friends and colleagues. Where applicable, 2 CPD points may be gained for attending each meeting.
SUE HULBERT MCThA C20071 ~ Co-ordinator

Following the successful November Health-Related Quiz meeting at The Buckles Inn on Tadcaster Road and feedback I received, I have decided to continue to use this comfortable and warm venue where there is ample and FREE off-road parking. The Buckles Inn is on a well-served Bus Route, (for details, please text/email me).
The Buckles Inn, when driving from York may ONLY be approached via Askham Bryan or by crossing over the A64 at Bilborough Top flyover and retracing along the A64 for about half a mile where it is then accessible (on the left) off the A64.

There will be NINE meetings for 2014, some of which will have 'double bills' and, (so far), two will include a Practical or Hands-On Session. At each Meeting there will be plenty of opportunities for Question and Answer sessions. Remember, these are YOUR meetings so please feel free to take advantage to ask Q's and be involved. All Speakers have been kind enough to offer us their time for a much reduced rate, a donation or travel expenses.

At least THREE meetings will include a buffet and/or soup (inc in the price) and at all NINE MEETINGS you will receive a raffle ticket at no extra charge.
Extra raffle tickets cost .50p each. Tea and Coffee will be supplied at £1.00 per cup. Food and drink may also be purchased from the Bar.

Tariff:
CThA Members / Non-members: £5.00
CThA / Other Health-Related students: £3.50
Optional Deductions:
£2.00 for home-made cake/biscuits provided plus cost of reimbursement (receipts required)
£1.50 for driver who car shares
£1.00 for each raffle prize (max 3) provided

Venue: The Buckles Inn, Tadcaster Road, Bilborough, YORK YO23 3PW
Time: 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
Day: Friday

~ Dates for Meetings, Topic and Speaker ~

31st January
An outline of the year's Meetings, a Speaker, an optional hands-on workshop, food and time for Networking... All this for £5.00/£3.50 (see tariff above)
'How To Juggle Business and Pleasure' - an alternative (& not without humour) view on balancing aspects of a busy life-style ~ Talk & a Practical combined...expect surprises! The Chair of a number of Community Groups in York
Buffet included in the price
Please bring your Business cards/leaflets to be displayed.

07th March
'Funding Possibilities' ~ Melody Clarke, Funding Advisor for York CVS. An in-depth look into funding various projects covering all sectors. Covering Application, Bids, Completion and lots more in between. Q & A session

11th April
'Hidden Disabilities and Complementary Therapies' ~ 3 x 5min talks from people whose disabilities are not apparent
'Cancer and Beyond, A Survival Guide' ~ Ellen Palmer, a Cancer Survivor presents an honest and down to earth, 'no-holes barred' talk from diagnosis
to the present. Compelling Talk with your Questions answered

16th May
'Don't Get Caught In The Net' ~ Geoff Palmer, International Science Editor. Geoff will show us how to get the best out of the Internet. Q & A session

13th June
Mini Health-Related Quiz ~ brush up on a few facts, Q's & A's on display around the room!
Speaker (tbc)
Buffet and/or Home-made Soup included

8th August Speaker (tbc)

3rd October Speaker (tbc

7th November Speaker (tbc)

5th December
Health-Related Quiz ~ largely based on the Q's asked on last year's Quiz!
Buffet and Home-made Soup inc.

Thank you for your continued support
Sue, MCThA 20071

Contact Details:
Mobile: 07855 943 498
email: mazurigold@yahoo.co.uk
Please use header: 'Have Your Cake...' on all email correspondence, thank you
Sarah Wilson
Jan 19 2014 11:17AM
Hi sue, I am planning to attend the first meeting but need to arrange a sitter so I need to know when the formal part of meeting will finish. THANKYOU

Post Reply |

| Back Up to York and District