Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Massage therapist required for Maternity Cover in SEN School in Audenshaw, Manchester
Hawthorns Community School is looking for maternity cover for a massage therapist (bodyworker) from 10th November 2014 – 29th June 2015.
Days of work: Either :
Mondays 9am-3pm (Full day)
Monday and Friday mornings 9am-12:15pm (2 x half days)
Rate of pay: Full Day £120 or Half Day £60
Closing date: 7th November 2014
The massage therapist offers therapeutic support to children, their parents and members of staff as follows:
• To deliver head, hand and foot massages to children on the Quiet Place programme within the especially designed room inside school.
• To deliver peer massage lessons in class, following specific techniques and guidelines.
• To deliver massage sessions to parents and staff, liaising with designated school staff to organise as appropriate.
• Relevant therapeutic qualification in Aromatherapy and Massage
• Professionally registered therapist
• Full indemnity insurance
Recognised qualifications include:
IIHHT, ITEC, VTCT, IFA and Association of Reflexologists. Other qualifications may be accepted.
You must be able to provide certification of professional qualifications and evidence of insurance.
• Qualified in Reflexology and Indian Head Massage
• DBS checked (school will complete if you are currently not DBS checked)
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work as a team
• Organisational skills
• Inter and intra personal skills
• Sense of humour
• Robust and high energy levels to work with children
• Sensitive approach
• Use Microsoft Word and email
• Recording and data collection
• A breadth of experience working with people
• Experience working in schools
• Experience working with children, with a range of ages and special needs
• Good knowledge within therapeutic specialism
• Ability to relate to a wide variety of children, parents and professionals across a range of disciplines
• Regulations and their requirements, in particular familiarity with Child Protection (training will be given in current child protection policy)
• Good and broad knowledge of complementary medicine
• Familiarity with a range of disabilities and appropriate education provision
When contacting Zoe Foster or Lousie Neild by email please put ‘Massage Therapist for SEN School’ in the subject line.
For further information regarding the post, please call Zoe Foster on 07812587747 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email or post your CV and covering letter, including the position you are applying for, to Louise Neild at Hawthorns Community School:
Sunnyside Moss Campus
Oct 17 2014 1:57PM
What an amazing opportunity. Im fairly newly qualified and this is really local to where i live, so i will definitely be sending my details on as I'm very interested in the position.
Please can you add me to list of therapist in the Greater Manchester area, as i would like to join your local group as well.
Oct 17 2014 10:23PM
If you want to find out more about the position please don't hesitate to give me a call on the number above. My last day is this coming Monday 20th, so please call if you'd like to arrange a time to visit and see the school.
I haven't actually joined the group, so I'm not sure how you join - maybe site admin can help?
Nov 4 2014 6:27PM
|This job advert has now closed. There were so many that applied that the position has now been filled. Thank you to all who applied.|