Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Cheryl Millen, Aug 1 2005 8:07PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Talks and meetings

is anyone in the Maidstone area interested in sharing my car to talks in london and north kent. I would like to start interacting with other therapists and go to talks cheryl
bodypluslibra@yahoo.co.uk
Margaret Vick
Aug 2 2005 10:12PM
Cheryl - I am in Bexleyheath - bearing in mind you may get caught in the Congestion Charge if you go to London - you are welcome to come to me and continue by train - 36 minutes from Charing Cross. I too would like to get to groups etc but never seem to manage it.
Margaret
Kerrie Venner
Aug 4 2005 8:54AM
Hi Cheryl
I live in Sidcup, and would be interested to contact you for therapy things in general. Contact me via my email address, kerrie@smartemail.co.uk and we could make contact via the phone. Regards Kerrie
Harry Hull
Aug 4 2005 7:29PM
CHERYL AND MARGARET
HI I HAVE JUST QUALIFIED IN HOLISTIC MASSAGE,WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE EMAILS
ETC HAVE A CAR, BUT THINK THAT THE CONGESTION CHARGE, WILL PUT ME OFF.
BEING 62 YOU CAN TELL THAT THIS IS A BIG CHANGE IN LIFE STILE, FOR MY WIFE AND MYSELF.
AS I AM OUT OF WORK, HAVE BEEN EXCEPTED TO DO VOLUNTEER WORK AT THE LOCAL HOSPICE.
HARRY
Margaret Vick
Aug 8 2005 7:41PM
Hi Harry - Congratulations
I too had a lifestyle change four years ago - please keep in touch via my e:mail - margaret.vick1@virgin.net
Harry Hull
Aug 9 2005 7:10PM
HI MAGARET V
HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO EMAIL YOU
PLEASE CONTACT ME ON harry.hull@ntlworld.com
thanks HARRY
Cheryl Millen
Aug 9 2005 7:21PM
would everyone from kent like to meet once a month? i am thinking about aranging a venue for kentish therapists or southeast to meet and exchange business ideas and as it develops we can arrange some talks. can i have your comments on wheteher a pub would be suitable? thanks cheryl
Harry Hull
Aug 10 2005 4:57PM
HI CHERYL
I AM INTERESTED IN MEETINGS. ANYWHERE LOCAL TO NORTH KENT
HARRY HULL
Margaret Vick
Aug 11 2005 10:03AM
A pub sounds fine for the first one - it will let us get to know each other - however I would rather like to take it further so that the meetings could count towards the CPD. I feel sure this can be done, but we would need to check and find out what requirements there are for us to claim CPD points.
Cheryl Millen
Aug 11 2005 9:53PM
Hi Margaret, my thoughts are the same. A pub first then somewhere regular e.g. a church hall, function room etc. i am looking into it.
Harry Hull
Aug 26 2005 8:18PM
HI CHERYL
SORRY I HAVE NOT GOT IN CONTACT FOR A WHILE
MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN DOWN, AND SO HAS EMBODY
ANY PROGRESS 0N MEETINGS?

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE COMPLEMENTARY & NATURAL HEALTHCARE EXPO AT THE LONDON EXCEL CENTRE ON OCT 23 & 24?
REGISTER EARLY AND GET IN FREE

harry.hull@ntlworld.com
Harry Hull
Sep 16 2005 7:34PM
HI TO EVERYBODY
WHAT IS HAPPENING, DOES NO ONE USE EMBODY TO CONTACT ANY MORE?
SO SAD, IT LOOKED GOOD LAST MONTH
HARRY HULL
Cheryl Millen
Sep 17 2005 12:48PM
Hi everyone. the thought is still on my mind about trying to organise a venue for regular meetings. i have recentely opened my clinic in a gym and have been very busy so nothing has been arranged yet. However if anyone would like to come along to Kingshill community centre saturday 24th september 12 - 5pm (my birthday) i am holding a stand doing Indian head massage and chair massage. it is a mind body and spirit indulgence afternoon raising funds for blackthorn medical trust. there are stalls, treatments astrology readings etc £ 3.00 entrance fee and free talks on a hole range of subjects please vist website www.lifechngesuk.co.uk and come and find me so we can talk about a venue for regular kent meetings for therapists, talks etc cheryl millen
Harry Hull
Sep 19 2005 10:27AM
hi cheryl
would like to pop in on the 24th, but unable to connect to the web you gave.
any chance of directions from erith, bexley,or abbywood
harry
Jackie Kietz
Sep 25 2006 9:06PM
Hi all

Despite being an Embody member for a while I've only just discovered this message board!

I live in SE19, near Crystal Palace, and would love to attend a group meeting. Would the central London group be the best one, or do you guys hold one regularly in and around Kent?

I feel I need some direction after a series of 'stops and starts' with my therapy career and it'd be great to chat to other local therapists.

Jackie (jackie_kietz@yahoo.co.uk)
Claire Hill
Jan 3 2007 8:33PM
Hi Jackie,

I too have only just explored the Website thoroughly and found this message board. I live down the road from you in West Wickham and like yourself have had some stops and starts with my therapies (mine due to further studies). I would love to network with other therapists in the Kentish/South East area and if there are any meet ups, I'd be interested in attending.

Regards,
Claire
Karen Doubleday
Mar 10 2008 11:14AM
Hi Cheryl, you sound like a busy woman, has there been anymore progress on meetings in the south east or north Kent area. I am in Catford SE6 and would love to start meeting other therapists and get some advice and exchange ideas on how we go about building a decent client base. I qualified in Holistic massage in July last year then worked away for 3 months in theatre. Since my return at end of Jan I have been busy building a website and getting trying to get clients but this is a very long process so any help in this area would be great.

my email is holisticmassagetherapy@orange.net

thanks!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to South West London