Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Oxford dance camp, August 6-15
Would you like to spend a chilled-out week in a field with lots of lovely people, and having opportunities to dance, sing, and make music? Then Oxford dance camp is the place for you this summer! Not a festival, not a money maker, but an opportunity to offer your healing/massage/etc services for free to the campers in return for a ticket. I've been several times, I love it, and have been asked to co-ordinate the healing area this year, so do get in toucn if you'd like more info (or go to www.oxforddancecamp.com )
May 3 2010 11:06AM
|Anne, sounds wonderful. I dont think I can participate this year as we are away in August, be more than happy to talk about it at our next local meeting on 16/5(which I chair) if you wish to send me some more information.
Regional co-ordinator Greater London
May 4 2010 6:59AM
Thanks for your email - I have copied below the information I send out to people who enquire - hope that helps, and thank you very much for the offer of publicising this for me
OXFORD DANCE CAMP – INFO FOR HEALERS
Thank you for your interest in attending Oxford Dance Camp as a healer. The following should explain the principles of being a healer at ODC. Oxford Dance Camp is a fairly small camp (less than 200 people), laid back, and very much a camp rather than a festival. Much of the entertainment is “home grown”, and all campers are encouraged to help in the day to day running of camp.
• All working participants attend the camp almost for free – just pay a nominal £20 fee, reflecting the fact that there are costs involved, even with all the volunteer help that people give.
• People at camp do not pay for their treatments – healers offer their time for free in return for a place at camp. That way no one is excluded from receiving a treatment.
• As a guideline, each healer should offer on average two hours of therapy daily. If you are there for 6 days or more, please take a day off!
• You decide when you want to work – this may involve going to the morning meeting to see what else is happening and planning your working day around this (this is what I normally do!)
• If you are able to bring your own working space, let me know. We have some tents, etc available.
• Please also let me know whether you plan to bring your own massage table/chair/etc.
• All healers should be fully qualified and hold professional insurance
More information and booking details can be found at www.oxforddancecamp.com.
I hope you decide that you would like to join us. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me
May 4 2010 8:34AM
in fact would you mind if we post the details on the forum as well? The information is very well presented and certainly enhances the event.
May 4 2010 7:10PM
|of course I don't mind, Ameeta- thank you very much