Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Hannah Stobbs, Jan 11 2011 1:08PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

How much to charge?

I have just received my Sports Massage Level 3 Diploma through ITEC and have applied for insurance and recieved my CThA membership. I wondered how much to charge people? (I am likely to be working with students at Loughborough University, where I study myself)

Thanks

Hannah
Wendy Smith
Jan 11 2011 11:53PM
Hi Hannah,

This is a tricky question for me to answer.The decision of how much to charge for a treatment can depend upon a number of factors, such as whether there are travel or room hire expenses for you to include in your pricing, and how long your treatment lasts. In my experience, prices for sports massage can generally range from £25 to £55! It is a good idea to find out what other therapists in your area charge for sports massage too, as a guide to what your clients may expect to pay.Essentially it is your decision to make as a professional therapist. The current economic climate makes it tempting to reduce the price of treatments, but do take care not to underprice your treatment- you have worked hard for your qualifications and professional status!

Kind regards,
Wendy Smith

Post Reply |

| Back Up to West Midlands North/South Staffs