Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Annalisa Zisman, Jan 13 2011 4:29PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

FIRST SW LONDON GROUP MEETING OF 2011 – 30 January 2011

FIRST SW LONDON GROUP MEETING OF 2011 – 30 January 2011

Dear Members

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Our last meeting of 2010 was a huge success with Chris Parker demonstrating a variety of Thai massage techniques and then leading a packed house in a mini Thai Foot massage workshop. Everyone was in party mood and the hot Thai finger food went down very well too.

How to follow that then...

Well we have a great line up of guest speakers arranged for the coming year and I’m sure you all recognise how important it is to support your local groups, as well as gain knowledge, ideas and share experiences.

I’m really pleased to say that for our first meeting we have the very experienced Chartered Physiotherapist Kim Johnson to come and spend an evening with us. Some of you will have already experienced what a brilliant teacher Kim is. As well as being a massage therapist, Kim is also trained in Modified Pilates, Vertebral Manipulation, Soft Tissue Release and Sports Injury Rehabilitation, so she has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share, so well worth coming to hear her. The focus of the evening will be posture.

Just what is posture? We use the term all the time for our clients, our families and ourselves. Posture is the relationship between different parts of the body. Relationships between different body tissues are not so obvious when the client is lying down and relaxed. However, by standing them up we can see so much more about the way their musculoskeletal system is working. So, Kim will have us all standing, analysing and learning how assessment techniques can help us to help our clients.

This subject is so important and affects everyone all the time, so this evening is relevant to body workers and non-body workers and all are welcome. Also remember CThA members and non-members are welcome as are therapists from outside the SW London area.

This will be a great fun and interesting evening, so we look forward to seeing you all on Sunday 30th January.
Replies to this forum or by email to; south-west-london@ctha.com

Time: 6.30-8.30pm
Venue details:
The Vitality Centre
Alexander House
155-157 Merton Rd, London SW18 5EQ
(nearest tube Southfields)
There is a small contribution of £3 for the evening

Best wishes
Annalisa Zisman
Regional/Local SW London Coordinator
Tel: 07790022128
E: Annalisa@inspiremassageworkshops.co.uk.
Kelly Boden
Jan 14 2011 9:43AM
Hi Annalisa,

Sorry to have to miss it--I will be out of town. Have a great meeting.

Kelly
Richard Lawton
Jan 15 2011 12:52AM
I'll be there!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to South West London