Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Annalisa Zisman, Feb 6 2011 4:34PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Report on January meeting and dates for your diary!

Hi All

Hope this email finds you well and happy.
I'm pleased to say that we had a record breaking attendance for our January meeting with over 40 therapists keen to hear Kim Johnson talk about posture.
There were lots of laughs as we looked at each other up and down identifying our own imbalances and tension patterns.
Kim gave some excellent hints and tips for helping our clients, keeping ourselves upright and some simple exercises to help stop little aches becoming real pains!
Many thanks to Kim for giving up her evening to be with us...

We also heard Carol Graves, a local member speak about the amazing work of the Healing Hands network that organises therapists to out out to Sarajevo to treat traumatised and physically wounded citizens.
Carol has been out on a number of occasions and is planning to go again this year. I really encourage you to look at www.healinghandsnetwork.org.uk to find out more about this rewarding opportunity.

Our next meeting is on Sunday 27th March where we will have a talk and demonstration of Pulsing - a rhythmic form of bodywork.
With many clients aches and pains stemming from being too static, sedentary and stiff it reminds us that bodies are meant to move, so why do bodywork treatments tend to be static?
During a Pulsing session the practitioner keeps the client's body moving in a gentle rocking motion, while performing a sequence of skeletal stretches that challenges tight muscles to soften and joints to mobilise.
As the client surrenders into the movement tensions can simply unravel. Afterwards they invariably report feeling nurtured, deeply relaxed and energised, with a greater sense of aliveness, lightness and freedom
of movement.
Richard has treated me on many occasions and I can honestly say the results blow me away. This promises to be a fantastic evening!

Another date for the diary is Sunday May 15th when Kelly Dawson, social media guru and I will take to the floor for an interactive talk on marketing for therapists! Get ready to be energised and inspired with top tips for building your client base.

All meetings take place from 6.30-8.30pm at:
The Vitality Centre, Alexander House, 155-157 Merton Road, London, SW18 5EQ
(nearest tube southfields)

There is a small charge of £3 for each evening

Do let me know if you can join us by emailing south-west-london@ctha.com or calling 07790022128
Emilie Le Pessec
Feb 7 2011 6:57PM
Hi,
I just want to say I couldn't make it to the posture event... I was really looking forward to it though!
Is there any chance for that event to come up again?
Emilie
Annalisa Zisman
Feb 8 2011 8:16AM
Hi
Thanks for post. I'm afriad we do not repeat events but we do have lot's of other interesting topics coming up. Hope to see you on the 27th March at the next meeting.

Annalisa

Post Reply |

| Back Up to South West London