Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Giuseppe Tomaselli, Apr 1 2011 11:52AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

North Kent and South East London Meeting Friday 20th May 2011

Dear Members,

The date for the next meeting is
Friday the 20th of May from 19.00 till 21.00.

It will take place at the
Adult Education Centre in Alma Road, Sidcup, DA14 4ED

Most probably it will be the same room as last time or larger, if required.

As already mentioned there will be two speakers at this event

Lesley Woollard
will be talking about a very popular therapy, Aromatherapy, which is growing in popularity especially now that people need to de-stress and want to do it in a more natural way. I have found that even when I treat my sport clients, they are affected by the smell of the balm or wax I use. Therefore, I for one, I would be interested in learning more about the way aromas affect the human body and mind. She will also be talking about different ways to use essential oils which does not involve putting them onto the skin. A small amount of essential oils will be available for everyone to try the different aromas (only safe oils will be used). Lesley also teaches this subject so no better person to present it. She will be able to answer any questions on the ITEC Level 3 Diploma which starts in September. This course would be useful to therapists in all areas of holistic treatment as essential oils are versatile and can be used in many different ways and for many different things.

Terie Hopkins
will be giving a talk on how to assess an injured client prior to treatment and therefore give a suitable more individual massage treatment to meet the clients needs. This is very useful not just for newly qualified massage therapist but also for anybody already practicing as we sometime forget elements of what we learned during our training and also for those who want to go on to learn more advance techniques and therapies. Terie has many years experience in sport and remedial massage and she is also a very successful teacher.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you will/will not be able to attend.

Remember that each meeting will give you 2 credit points.

Thank you and best regards,

Giuseppe
Yvonne Webb
Apr 1 2011 12:32PM

Thank you I will see you then.
Giuseppe Tomaselli
Apr 1 2011 10:24PM
Please note that I forgot to mention that, as usual, there is a contribution of £3.00 per person.

Best regards,

Giuseppe
Christine Collins
Apr 26 2011 11:44PM
i will be attending the meeting

regards

christine collins
Karen Ferguson
May 2 2011 12:33PM
Please count me in for the next meeting. I was sorry to miss the last one but appreciated reading the Minutes.
Karen
Antoni Luczak
May 8 2011 10:02AM
Hi Giuseppe,

I'm a new member of the CThA and would like to attend the meeting on 20 May.

Regards,

Tony Luczak
Giuseppe Tomaselli
May 19 2011 3:18PM
Dear All,

The meeting tomorow will be in room 11 (almost above the main entrance).

It will start at 19.00 and will finish at 21.00.

The cost per member will be the usual £3.00.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Best regards,

Giuseppe

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Bromley Networking Hub