Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by CThA Administrator, May 5 2011 2:05PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

New Local Group Coordinator for South Hertfordshire

Group: South Hertfordshire
Co-ordinator: Ronit Gerber
Email: ronit.gerber@sky.com
Meeting venue: The Natural Gateway Clinic, 121 Theobald Street, Borehamwood, WD6 4PT
Next meeting: Sunday 19th June, 11am-1pm

Dear Members,

As your new co-ordinator for the South Hertfordshire CThA members group I am filled with excitement and anticipation for what lies ahead. It is my honour and privilege to serve within this esteemed organisation and I look forward to meeting, learning and growing with you in the months to come.

I started out my career as a mobile Reflexologist over 5 years ago and remember feeling extremely isolated. One year later, even after renting a treatment room in a nearby clinic, I worked independently and felt very much alone, longing to have contact and support from other therapists with whom I could bounce around ideas, receive advice and discuss some of the challenges I came across.

Eighteen months ago, together with two colleagues, we opened a complementary therapy clinic in Borehamwood. One of our goals was to create a place where therapists would feel supported and part of a team and I am proud to say that we are well on our way to achieving this. I can now truly appreciate how valuable it is to build and run my practice alongside a team of like-minded practitioners.

As co-ordinator for the South Hertfordshire Group I hope that other therapists in this area will take advantage of the opportunity to tap into the amazing support network offered by the CThA.
With a group starting in our local area the possibilities are indeed endless. Whether you are looking for fresh ideas to help grow your practice, an opportunity to network with other therapists or a platform from which to learn and grow professionally the South Herts group will be a safe space in which to do all of this and more. Five meetings have been scheduled throughout the year with a range of fantastic guest speakers, workshops and networking opportunities as well as 2 CPD points awarded to all attendees.

With the quieter summer months fast approaching, this is a fantastic time to start thinking about goals for the future, so, as well as spending some time getting to know one another and brainstorming ideas for future group meetings, I have invited a professional life coach to join us. Rivka David is an experienced life coach with a special interest in expanding the way people think in terms of goal setting and action planning. With her guidance we will have fun setting bigger goals for ourselves and our practices and, even more importantly, identifying practical steps to put in place to make out goals a reality.

These meetings are there for you, this is an opportunity for us all to connect with one another and together, make a positive impact for our industry, locally. As the co-ordinator I promise to put everything I can into making these meeting’s enjoyable, beneficial and constructive but the success of these meetings depends on its members so please come along, with ideas for future meetings and workshops and join me in putting South Hertfordshire on the complementary therapy map.

I very much hope to meet you on Sunday, 19th June for what I hope will be the start of an incredible journey for complementary therapists in South Hertfordshire,

I would very much appreciate if you could confirm attendance by emailing me.

Kind regards,
Ronit Gerber
Karen Druce
May 5 2011 2:44PM
Hi Ronit

Great to hear that you are our new co-ordinator and I wish you the very best of luck in your new role.

I am hoping to make the June meeting but as that weekend coincides with my daughter's birthday I shall let you know nearer the time.

Kind regards

Karen Druce
Margrit Mehta
May 5 2011 3:00PM
Dear Ronit,
It sounds interessting, though it is fathersday on that Sunday, unfortunately I can't come.

Hope you all will have a good daym

Kind regards
Maggie
Margrit mehta
Sarah Fellows
May 5 2011 3:46PM
Dear Ronit,

Thanks for the information, sounds very interesting.

I'm afraid that I can't make it as I'll be doing the Race for Life that day.

Hope to make another meeting soon,

best wishes,

Sarah
John Tindale
May 7 2011 12:23PM
Hi Ronit. It's good to hear that the group is to continue. I shall make a point of coming along on the 19th June.

John Tindale.
Caroline Grippo
Jun 17 2011 6:05PM
Hi Ronit,
Being a new member of CThA and having just received my ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage, I am really keen to come along on Sunday. See you there.

Caroline Grippo

Post Reply |

| Back Up to South Hertfordshire