Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Aug 15 2011 2:12PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

please help!


I just finished my ITEC massage exam and got my certificate.
I dnt really know how to start, Im planing to work in a spa or saloon first to learn more, but i m not sure how to start. I have to register to be a member and get insurance firs? Everyone want self employed people in salons, i just dnt know about your insurance much .I dnt know what exactly i have to do first. I want to start working as soon as possible. how shall i start?
Thanks for help. X
Pamela Bracken
Aug 20 2011 2:59PM
Hi Sarah, my advice is as follows - the first thing to do is register with a professional association such as CThA and get your insurance cover. Then you are ready to approach salons, spas etc to work as either empoyed or self-employed. Some hairdressers also offer complementary therapies. If you are empoyed the hourly rate could be very low - say £6.50 an hour, whereas as a self-employed therapist it can be much more. Good luck! ITEC is a really good qualification to get.
Frances Daly
Aug 20 2011 3:54PM
Ctha membership is a must you will need to get your insurance sorted first before you set up in private practrice or working in a spa or a salon. Where are you living. The Ctha have regional groups and that is usually a great help for the newely qualified. I live in Ireland if that helps You can phone me Frances

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public