Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Sarah Jane Patterson, Apr 29 2006 8:33PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Voluntary Work for Practice

Hi everyone, I'm currently studying for my ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking for voluntary work within a salon and/or health service to gain experience. I qualify (fingers crossed) in July and would really like to start preparation for my career in complemantary therapy now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tunde Oshodi
May 3 2006 12:25AM
Hi Sarah

Have you considered approaching your local GP practice and offering your services to patients in return for the use of a room?

Not only would you get the practise that you need but it might also be a good way of starting to build a client base. If the the doctors/practice manager at the surgery like what you're doing then there might be scope to make your sessions a regular service for patients once you've qualified!

Just a thought :D

Good luck.

Regards

Tunde
Dhanu Kara
May 31 2007 10:02PM
Hi Sarah, You could consider volenteering (after you are qualified), for Peace/or any other hospices in your area. Look up in the phone book or your local Primary Care Trust directory, they are always looking for volenteer therapists, also you will get experience in a more formal, clinical setting, if that is what you want.
hope this helps, good luck, Dhanu
Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 6:05PM
Please take a look at www.TheHClub.org.uk and get in touch if you are interested. Contact details on the site.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Looking for work