Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Elizabeth Farrow, May 6 2006 11:27AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

MOBILE -VS-PRACTICE BASED REGARDING THE 2 FOR 1 OFFER IN DAILY TELEGRAPH

I HAVE READ THE CURRENT POSTINGS REGARDS THE RECENT OFFER AND THE IMPACT IT HAD FOR THOSE THERAPISTS OFFERING MOBILE SERVICES. THIS TOGETHER WITH MY OWN EXPERIENCE RAISES SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COSTS INVOLVED,GENERALLY WHEN CONSIDERING TO WORK IN EITHER DOMAIN. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM THOSE WHO HAVE ENCOUNTERED ISSUES CONCERNING RISK ASSESSMENT IN TERMS OF PERSONAL SAFETY WHEN WORKING IN 'UNKNOWN' TERRITORY WITH NEW CLIENTS. MOREOVER, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT ANY DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED WITH PRACTICALITIES SUCH AS HAVING ADJACENT PARKING, SUFFICIENT ROOM TO PROVIDE THE TREATMENT IN, ADEQUATE HEATING,LIGHTING AND VENTILATION, ACCESS TO TOILET FACILITIES AND WATER?

FREE LANCE THERAPIST'S WORKING IN SALONS AND PRACTICES WHO HAVE AN ARRANGEMENT IN TERMS OF SPLITTING THE PERCENTAGE OF THEIR TAKINGS MAY ALSO BE ENCOUNTERING SOME DIFFICULTIES AND I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THEM?

I HAVE RESPONSED TO A RECENT THREAD CONCERNING THE RECENT 2 FOR 1 DAILY TELEGRAPH PROMOTION, WHICH MAKES REFERENCE TO SOME OF THE ISSUES INVOLVED WHEN CONSIDERING MOBILE WORK, WHICH YOU MAY FIND OF SOME VALUE.

I AIM TO PROVIDE AN OVERVIEW OF SOME RESEARCH I AM CONDUCTING TO EMBODY MEMBERS AND LOOK FORWARD TO ANY FEEDBACK AND COOPERATION.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLIES

ELIZABETH FARROW BSc

Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 6:13PM
Please take a look at www.TheHClub.org.uk and get in touch if you are interested. Contact details on the site.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Request a Forum