Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Angela Stevenson, Jan 10 2012 3:42PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer


Do you need to be covered by specific insurance for running a workshop for couples massage?
Amanda Clegg
Jan 10 2012 6:00PM
Yes it would be sensible if yo are doing workshops for the public. I think that Holistic Insurance covers you for very occasional teaching, which this would be, but you would need to check. However, if they are regular clients you could probably do it under the umbrella of self-care for them to undertake at home.
Marianne Free Allitt
Jan 10 2012 11:11PM
I saw a course once for therapists to learn to "teach couples massage" - I've often wondered what the course would entail?
Julie Munnings
Jan 15 2012 11:24PM
I have my insurance via CThA and this covers my tutoring work. I would personally advise anyone who is teaching a workshop to take a qualification in delivering adult learning such as PPTLS which replaces the old City and Guilds qualification. Invaluable knowledge can be gained in planning and delivering training, preparing quality resources and this can then be applied to whatever subject specialty you may have. Hope this helps.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion