Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Eileen R Weaver, Jun 27 2006 10:39AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CHRISTIANS IN HOLISTIC THERAPIES

HI, AS FIRSTLY A CHRISTIAN AND SECONDLY A NEWLY QUALIFIED THERAPIST ABOUT TO START HER OWN BUSINESS.I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHER CHRISTIANS WHO ARE IN MY SITUATION OR HAVE MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS CARING PROFESSION. I AM FINDING THAT BECAUSE OF THE 'SPIRITUAL' PART OF HOLISTIC THERAPIES THERE ARE AREAS I DO NOT FEEL COMFOTABLE WITH,IE CHAKRAS CHRYSTAL ETC. HOW DO CHRISTIAN THERAPISTS DEAL WITH THE NEW AGE TRENDINESS OF HOLISTIC THERAPIES. PLEASE EMAIL ME eileen-209@tiscali.co.uk OR POST A REPLY ON THIS FORUM.
Penny Halford
Nov 24 2006 3:01PM
Hi, great to 'meet' another Christian therapist. I'vc only just joined this site so sorry for late reply. Would be great to have a forum. Love Star Therapist.
Eileen R Weaver
Nov 24 2006 5:32PM
Hi Penny nice to know there are christians in this line of work,Ireally enjoy doing massage and find that I like to feel that it is a caring proffession. I have not had a lot of support from my Church were I have advertised and had my card taken off the board.The attitude from church people is that therapies are for the well off and pampered and money should be spent wisely.I hope that people will use this forum to share their experiences of being a christian therapist.
Eileen R Weaver
Nov 24 2006 5:33PM
Hi Penny nice to know there are christians in this line of work,Ireally enjoy doing massage and find that I like to feel that it is a caring proffession. I have not had a lot of support from my Church were I have advertised and had my card taken off the board.The attitude from church people is that therapies are for the well off and pampered and money should be spent wisely.I hope that people will use this forum to share their experiences of being a christian therapist. my email has changed to;healinghands23@btinternet.com
Eileen Rolland
Apr 3 2007 3:56PM
Hi Eileen

If you are a child of God and can heal, you are very special. I Corinthians 12v8-10, ...to another the gifts of healing...
Phyl Spence
Jul 13 2007 6:01PM
HI, AS FIRSTLY A CHRISTIAN AND SECONDLY A NEWLY QUALIFIED THERAPIST ABOUT TO START HER OWN BUSINESS.I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHER CHRISTIANS WHO ARE IN MY SITUATION OR HAVE MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS CARING PROFESSION. I AM FINDING THAT BECAUSE OF THE 'SPIRITUAL' PART OF HOLISTIC THERAPIES THERE ARE AREAS I DO NOT FEEL COMFOTABLE WITH,IE CHAKRAS CHRYSTAL ETC. HOW DO CHRISTIAN THERAPISTS DEAL WITH THE NEW AGE TRENDINESS OF HOLISTIC THERAPIES. PLEASE EMAIL ME eileen-209@tiscali.co.uk OR POST A REPLY ON THIS FORUM

Hi Eileen
A late reply to your query...
I have an Aunt, now passed on, who was one of the most dedicated and caring Christians I know. She studied homeopathy in around 1930? before going to Africa as a missionary nurse, and felt that it was one of God's wonderful gifts of healing. I think some people get worried about therapies such as homeopathy as they feel that anything that powerful can't come from God. Why not????
I am not a Christian but I also find some therapies a bit whacky - I would definitely choose which Health Shows I work at and ask who is going to be there before I commit myself as I have certain image I want to portray as a professional therapist. However as I meet other therapists at shows etc I find that my mind/heart is opening to who they are and what their intention is rather than their therapy label.

Hope this helps,
Love from
Phyl
Phyl Spence
Jul 13 2007 6:02PM
OOPS SORRY I PASTED IN YOUR QUESTION BY MISTAKE HERE IS THE CORRECT VERSION!!

Hi Eileen
A late reply to your query...
I have an Aunt, now passed on, who was one of the most dedicated and caring Christians I know. She studied homeopathy in around 1930? before going to Africa as a missionary nurse, and felt that it was one of God's wonderful gifts of healing. I think some people get worried about therapies such as homeopathy as they feel that anything that powerful can't come from God. Why not????
I am not a Christian but I also find some therapies a bit whacky - I would definitely choose which Health Shows I work at and ask who is going to be there before I commit myself as I have certain image I want to portray as a professional therapist. However as I meet other therapists at shows etc I find that my mind/heart is opening to who they are and what their intention is rather than their therapy label.

Hope this helps,
Love from
Phyl

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Request a Forum