Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Judith Quin, Mar 16 2012 4:37PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Sound Circle Meditation

Dear All

After the first two sessions, I am delighted to let you know that the sound circles are now running fortnightly ~ the next ones are:

EVENINGS: @ 7-8pm
Weds 21st March
Weds 4th April
Weds 18th April

MORNINGS: @ 10-11am
Mon 26th March
Mon 16th April (In lieu of Easter Monday)
Mon 23rd April

East Greenwich at The Yogi Tree, 193 Woolwich Road, SE10 0RJ (just off the A102 and close to Westcombe Park station ~ There is easy & free parking in all near roads. Entrance to the Studio is from Denham Street.
At the car park entrance, use the intercom to call 193)

COST: £8per person - pay at the start of the session.

BOOKING: Just email me judith.healinghands@gmail.com

What is a Sound Circle?

Don't Panic! Sounding is not singing!

The sound circle is a place to come together to make sound with chant and toning, to help let go of stress and holdings, to remember how to breathe and to find your true voice.

I lead us in a few exercises which aid connection to breath, then I gently guide the group into making sound, using specific tones to open each chakra and opening up the energy of the circle into a chorus of free sounding; releasing personal holdings, freeing voices, inviting in positive energy from Source, creating a safe, sacred, space where we can escape 'doing' and let ourselves just 'be'.

The sounding either comes to its own natural conclusion, or is gradually led, back into silence ~ in which the group then sits, soaking in the still quietude of the energy created.

Remember, sounding is not singing, there is no right or wrong note and if you have ever been told "you can't sing", you find it hard to express yourself or find silent meditation challenging, this may be the most wonderful way of re-discovering that you have a voice.

Do come and experience this beautifully simple and powerful healing and expression of self.

Can I tell you more?
Of course, if you are unsure about anything, just contact me.

Best & Blessings

Judith

Post Reply |

| Back Up to East London & Enfield District